Introduction from new group member

Sorry, realized I should have posted this introduction here but I put it on main feed so I'm reposting. I'm a journalist living in Washington, DC but lived in Rio for five years in the 1990s. I'm married to a Venezuelan and we're thinking of moving to Rio, and this looked like a great place to get answers to some important questions and get to know people. We wouldn't be moving for a few months but am trying to find out about visa requirements, what are possibilities of getting a non-tourist visa and renting an apartment, among other things. I have a job with a U.S. based company and will probably be hiring one-person for an entry level position. So basically I just am hear to learn and get to know people and will periodically post queries. Tamben, eu falo portnahol. Obrigado, Ken

Welcome, Ken,
Is the US company in Brazil?
If it is have them sponsor you and apply for a work visa.
Since no Brazilian family, you could not apply for a family reunion.
Another option is an investor visa. You will need a large amount of money.
The Brazilian Consulate has types of visas. They are all temporary visa until you apply for a permanent visa.

Ken,

Welcome!

As Texanbrazil says, all visas are now temporary visas, some leading to permanent residency,  and some not.  Check out this post for a summary of your options:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 04#5025583

For further questions,  feel free to start a thread,  and we'll try to answer them.  :top: