Visa update

Hello everybody,

With the current situation Is it still possible to have  a visa (EG category) in order to look for a job in Cambodia ? Or do we need to have a job before applying for a visa ? With the covid I returned to my country in February 2020 but I miss so much Cambodia.

Other question : what is the requirement for a retirement visa and how much do I need to have with me monthly in order to have it ? It could be another option for me in 5 years I will be 55.

Thank you

Simone

Hello Simone.

The only way to enter Cambodia is with an Ordinary E visa, obtained from a foreign Cambodian embassy.
This visa is often called business visa.

Get in touch with your nearest Cambodian embassy and ask for the requirements to obtain the visa.

Once in country you can apply for an extension, be it EB (business) or ER (retirement).

As for retirement extension there is no requirement of income. If you are 55 or over no documents required, if under 55 you have to proof your retirement status.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thank you  :)

Hi Joe. Hope you are well. I'm still in Hanoi. Have been considering getting a ordinary visa. Some time ago there were a few consulates more apt to do this if the purpose was a retirement extension. Have you happened to hear any any additional success stories? Like from Vietnam? I should have renewed my retirement extension last year when you told me. Oh well.  I won't be ready to try until august or maybe November this year. Not sure. Maybe things will change a bit by then.

Take care. Next beer is on me.