How bad is the medical industry in Nepal? Or how good?

I've always heard the bad side of Nepal and healthcare. If a person has travel insurance will it be safe? I know the local hospitals may not be so good; is there a way around that situation?

I have found excellent doctors and hospitals here. For example my ophthalmologist has performed over 50,000 cataract surgeries and the one that he did on me, the one I care about the most, was perfect. He was very careful and exact in his pre-operation tests and examination of my eye. Not only that but my fee for the surgery was exactly the same as he charged for Nepalis whereas frequently there's a different price for foreigners. Similarly a friend of mine needed a consultation with a neurologist and at grande Hospital, a private hospital, he found a wonderful neurologist. finally a friend of mine had surgery on his face for a basal cell carcinoma and I can tell you that I would have to deliberately look to find his scar.  In these Covid days, all hospitals are at capacity and many hospitals lack oxygen. i would use my travelers insurance to get me out of here if I needed care that was not available here.  Other than that my experience has been quite positive. I've lived here since April 2018.
Mark Lodico

I went to the hospital to have my stitches taken out from a fall and there was black mold on the walls and they hadn't changed the pillow case prior to my using it. So, be very careful. I also have stories about how Nepali hospitals did an excellent job. Surprisingly, Bir Hospital, a government hospital, did better for me than the private hospital referenced above.
You absolutely, positively need travel insurance if you want to visit Nepal. It's both the law now and good common sense. If you have travel insurance you can just be flown home for care or have a clinic that is pretty close to back home standards in Kathmandu. You can even get flown back down to Kathmandu from the mountains. One in five tourists have High Altitude Sickness symptoms.
However, there are several ways to can enjoy Nepal's medical services. Here's a video we did that features some interesting surprises for you. 5 Medical Surprises for you