Digital Nomad Visa in Mauritius?

Hi! I was wondering if there are any options to get a visa/rp to stay/live in Mauritius while working remotely for a european country.
I know about the premium visa option, but I'm not sure if that would work without a certain amount of savings in my bank account?

Thanks
Renata

If you can prove source of income via salary slips, receipts, invoices then you should be good.

The minimum requirement is 1500 USD per month for 1 adult.

I just got Premium
Visa approval for myself and dependents and although I provided savings data it seems that another option is proof of salary going forward, so employment letter/contract could be used as a proof. But I would suggest to ask directly at EDB, they are swift in replies.

Hi Renata,

the Premium Visa is ideally suited to digital nomads as the EDB specifically says
"or a professional willing to come with his/her family and carry out his business or work remotely from Mauritius"

https://www.edbmauritius.org/premium-visa

Mauritius, one of the most beautiful islands in the world, has introduced a Premium Travel Visa, valid for a period of one year, renewable, to welcome esteemed travellers seeking to prolong their feeling of wellness arising from the gorgeous turquoise blue sea with silky sand beaches, tropical lagoons, the lush greens, the warmth and friendliness of locals, all in a COVID-safe destination.

The experience of natural beauty and balanced lifestyle that could only be encountered on a rare holiday has now been made available under the Premium Travel Visa to any non-citizen who intends to stay in Mauritius for a maximum period of one year as a tourist, retiree or a professional willing to come with his/her family and carry out his business or work remotely from Mauritius.

To qualify for the Premium Visa, interested visitors should produce proof of their long stay plans and sufficient travel and health insurance for the initial period of stay while meeting the following criteria:

the applicants should not enter the Mauritius Labour market;
the main place of business and source of income and profits should be outside Mauritius;
documentary evidence to support application such as purpose of visit, accommodation etc.; and
other basic immigration requirements.

As one of the downsides, please note that having held a Premium Visa for 1 year and renewing it for 2 more years (i.e. 3 consecutive years in total) does NOT equal having a Residential Permit / Occupation Permit for 3 consecutive years, which would then qualify you to apply for a Permanent Residence Permit, which the Premium Visa would not allow you to do.

Thank you everyone for your answers!!