Vaccines in Costa Rica

Hello, I hope someone might be able to help me.  My daughter is thinking of staying out in Costa Rica and she is currently out there without any travel vaccines.   Please could someone advise where she might be able to book an appointment to get Hepatitis A & B and Typhoid, Tetanus, Yellow Fever and Rabies.  I have tried calling the private hospital CIMA but they put me through to a department that could not speak any English and my Spanish is not yet up to much - something that must change.   Any advice would be gratefully received as I am worrying if she goes on more adventurous trips she will be unprotected.   Thank you for your help it is hugely appreciated.

Call any Costa Rican Consulate such as in Miami.

ok thanks for your help.  I have since heard back from Cima Hospital and they have told me they can help by booking an appointment with one of their doctors as the pharmacy there hold all the vaccines.   If I have a further update I shall inform the forum for anyone else searching for the same information.  In the meantime, may I thank you Neffdave for replying so promptly, it was hugely appreciated.

Contact Hospital Biblica or Hospital La Catolica where English is usually spoken. No vaccines are available for Covid -19 from  private facilities covid-19 at this time.

If she is a recent tourist, she must leave the country before her tourist visa expires.

thanks so much for your kind reply and suggestion of Hospital Biblica I shall also contact them. 

She does not require the Covid vaccine, she will have this on her return to her own country of residence on their national programme she only requires the usual world travel vaccines of typhoid, tetanus, hepatitis, these will be paid for privately as is the normal way.  She has a few months on her visa left before she returns home, but thank you for reminding us, good to keep this in check.

Looks like others beat me to the punch, but no matter...Clinica Biblica's main number is 506 2522-1000, for vaccines, 506-2522-1708. As another poster noted, "usually" English help available. Yellow Fever not needed here in CR, Hepatitis A and Tetanus always a good idea, the others you reference? Depends on comfort level of the traveller and what areas and types of travel are on the menu. (Not a medical professional, just basing this on my reading and experience in Costa Rica and adjacent countries.) Best luck!

thanks so much for all your help.  People have been so kind on this forum to respond and to supply telephone.numbers and information it is all gratefully received.  Many thanks La Mariposa and all others.  I've used what's app to communicate with Hospital Clinica Biblica (as instructed on their website) and they responded with the open Vaccine clinic times Mon-Fri 8am to 3pm (these times as of February 2021).  Thank you again for all your valued help

why on earth would you think she needs all thoseUGLY shots
/ costa rica is a civilized counrty and apart from the new covid entry proof you do not have it and do have insurance i have been here 30 years andnever had to have a single shot...so find out some more info on this country we are not living in a jungle..well we are not there could be 1 or 2 dingbts who do...

Pebs are you saying you need a covid shot to enter now?

He seems to mean a health pass (form to be filled), I guess. If a jab is a condition, I won't enter.

Catherine,relax.She is just here in Costa Rica,not the Sudan ........

Thanks, I feel the same way.

The CDC website very clearly states that travelers going to CR need a bunch of shots but then they specify some if you are coming from a S. American Country.  I know at least 7 people who have traveled to CR and one who lives there temporarily and none have gotten any of the vaccines the CDC talks about.  I dont know if the CR government has made the Covid shot mandatory as of yet.  If anyone who lives there knows can you please post?  I appreciate everyone's input and help.

The Covid-19 vaccine isn't mandatory in Costa Rica and I doubt that it will be, but you never know...

You should read the article in La Nacón, of the many Costa Rica citizens that are flying to the USA for a covid shot.

Travelling to Costa Rica from Colombiarequires a yellow fever vaccine. And yes, it is enforced else you wont be allowed to board the airplane in Colombia. The vaccine is usually administered 10 days before travelling on...at their own expense of course.  I know several folk that were stuck there for 10 days, until they received one.

FYI travellers over 60 do not require it.

Thank you so much.