Visa to get into Cambodia

What's the situation in getting into Cambodia on a retirement visa

If your retirement extension of stay is not expired you can use it to enter as, provided it's a one year EOS, it is multiple entry.

If it is expired you will need to get an Ordinary E visa (often called business visa) from a Cambodian embassy/consulate abroad.

On top you will need a negative covid test max. 72 hours prior to departure, a Forte insurance and $2000 deposit.
You will have to stay in a quarantine hotel for 14 days and undergo two tests for covid, on arrival and on day 13. If both negative you are free to go and get the remainder of your deposit back.

Get information at an embassy plus at an airline as to their policies.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

I came in from the U.S.  Had to apply via mail through the Cambodian Embassy.

Did the quarantine as expected.

What was total cost you had to pay to do the quarantine

$1700 roughly.

No choice as to which hotel I was sent to.  $90 per night.  $30 per day for food, no option to refuse.  Other fees added in. 

When checking out we discovered that if we had the room cleaned the cost was $15 per.

BTW, the rooms at this hotel regularly rented for $30 online.

Thanks

I've been visiting Cambodia several times a year since 2008 & I've been wanting to retire there, but never quite managed to get all the pieces into place :)

I was last there in Nov 2019 when I was 54 years old, and thought I'd wait 4 months until I attained the magical 55 so the paperwork hassles would be eliminated... then of course, covid reared its ugly head ....

All of a sudden I'm 56 and the last year sort of ambled on by, but at least I had plenty of time to research how to retire over there. I must thank Joe and all the members on this forum as there is a wealth of information about everything you need to know - really good information.

I don't post that much, but I do read a lot :)  Hopefully, I will manage to get over there within the next 12 months, I want to see how covid pans out over the next 6 months with vaccines etc.. it would be great if worldwide figures start to decline once vaccines start to be widely distributed...

Anyway, thanks again to everyone & I shall keep reading ... cheers...

Yes also would like info on retirement as want to be in Cambodia before September 2021