Treasury check clearing timeframe.

Has anyone deposited their stimulus check in a local bank here? How long was the clearing period?

Personal checks take 30 days to clear, probably take just as long.

Sumomaster2004 wrote:

Has anyone deposited their stimulus check in a local bank here? How long was the clearing period?

My bank (Metrobank) says it takes 60 days for a US check to clear

Zeke1 wrote:
Sumomaster2004 wrote:

BDO takes 30 days, done it many times.

mugtech wrote:
Zeke1 wrote:
Sumomaster2004 wrote:

BDO takes 30 days, done it many times.

mugtech. . . . . My personal check yes BDO same experience, but they would not take my Treasury (Tax Refund) check for deposit.

2 years ago I opened a bank account with a treasury check, at BPI.  It took them 30 days to confirm the check was real and another 30 days, after that, to clear the check.

They let you use the check to open the account?

[b]Does anyone know.  Living in the Philippines but got the stimulus payments.  Do not have an American Bank.  I can't find a bank that will take these IRS Treasury checks.  It said Landbank does, but they want a Alien Registration Identity Card.  So you have to be a dual citizen to deposit the checks?  If you owe penalties on green card, do those have to be paid first?  How do I pay this OR how do I get out of the Country when I have NO money?  [/b]