Need advice on NIF and what documents to provide Finanças

Hi,

I am working for an international company in Lisbon since the beginning of this year.

I have an appointment at Finanças the beginning of February.

I know they need a proof of address.   As I do not have a contract in Lisbon.  I just pay a room cash. I do not have my name on any of the utility bills either.

But as I understood,  the proof of utility I was paying in Belgium would also be good.  This because I am not an official resident yet of Portugal and still need to have my official domicilie put here.

So anybody knows that providing a Belgian utility bill of the water or electricity would do for Finanças yes or no as a proof of Belgian address? 

Thanks

Tom

You will be able to get a tax number with a Belgium address. But if you are working in Portugal you need to change the address to a Portuguese address - normally the tax authority requests proof of local address - your work contract and the social security registration document should be enough to register with a local address. Once you have a permanent address, you need to alter the tax address to the new address - you can do this remotely

Dear Tony, I live in Portugal since 1982 and now I'm a 'pensionista'.
The sofa is second hands .... so where you interested !! or you teach me
a lesson ...
My address is well known by Expat.

Mrs. A.J.B

And please don't advise persons to get a permanent address true Belgium ...
I met a very corrupt person from Denmark who present the Belgium government
in a country in Africa ..... so I would keep my mouth closed .... if I was you.

@Tom, please don't create multiple topics on the same subject, because it causes confusion...

This question has already been answered in post #4 on the other link of yours:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 44#5023020

@ajb55 please see the above link to understand that what @TonyJ1 said here is everything correct.