Renewing Venezuelan passport in Colombia

Hey guys! Does anyone here knows the procedure of renewing a Venezuelan passport in Colombia? I heard alot of stories. Its a little out of topic but I hope you guys can help me out! Thanks!

This link may help:

https://emigrante.com.ve/renovar-pasapo … -colombia/

The truth is a person cannot renew a Venezuelan passport in Colombia.

The Venezuelan embassy is closed. You have to return to Venezuela to do it

Which mauy be a  bit difficult now, as the Border is also closed (Allthough never the less , hundreds of people cross the border every day).

But first you have to make an apointment wth SAIME- will cost you $250 or so for an "agent" to get you an apointment with SAIME and $200  aprox. for the passport fees.

Ohh..and after you pay all that up front you may have to wait weeks for your apointment

nico peligro wrote:

You have to return to Venezuela to [renew a Venezuelan passport].

Which may be a  bit difficult now, as the Border is also closed (Allthough never the less, hundreds of people cross the border every day).

I don't doubt the assertion that the border into Venezuela is closed.  I just wonder how hundreds of people manage to cross the closed border daily.  Please illuminate us.

cccmedia

CCC

This is  based private personal information which I sent to the OP

Hundreds of people cross por trocha (backroads).

Which is suposedly illegal, but the officials look the other way,but all the Venezuelans do it.

Most Venezuelans dont have passports. They are too expensive.Right now it is a several month wait to get a new one.

THey cross trochus through out Latin America- Between Colombia and  Ecuador, Ecuador and Peru

That is where 90% of the traffic is coming.

Good work for the coyotes.

To the OP

You probably already know this-but-

Venezuelans with expired passports can legally stay 2 years after the passport has expired.

All she needs is a "Permiso Especial de Permanencia" (PEP)

As a matter of fact, the rules have recently changed to make thing even easier for Venezuelans

Any Venezuelans living in Colombia are eligible for a Colombian Cedula for the next 10 years

Talk with your local Migraciones  office for details