Home Building Bank Loan

Hello all:

I am respectfully seeking credible first hand information and knowledge from Expats, and others, qualified to comment on the feasibility of an Expat being granted a 'building loan' for a new house in the Isaan Region.

The Expat applicant has a steady retirement pension which will be deposited monthly in a Thai bank account.

Please kindly share your personal advice, commentary and recommendations for the acquisition of a new home 'building loan' from a Thai Bank for an American Expat.

Thank you very much indeed.

Sincerely,

Robin

Hi Robin, im Terry,  If you are established in Thailand for a few years with correct and appropriate visas Banks can lend you money subject to status.  I would recommend Kasikorn Bank as they are proven to be foreigner friendly.  Ensure you get a lawyer to examine the authenticity of the land certificates you plan to build on , the length of lease on the land , true ownership of the land and correct building permits.
Wishing you the best of luck .
Terry

Dear Terry:

Thank you very much indeed.

My goal is to build a house on my fiancee's land in our village.  I have no personal interest other than to provide her a house and remain in it with her for my remaining years.

I shall follow your advise.

I am already blessed to have fantastic Thai Attorney in Udon, who is bilingual, and a sharp practitioner of the law.  He actually lived for several year in my country.

I shall consult with him also per your suggestion.

Thank you again sir.

Sincerely,

Robin