Moving from Porto to Serpa

Hi,

My wife and I are moving from Porto to a farm near Serpa, Alentejo. This is something we have been wanting to do for the last 3 years. We have been living partly in Goa and Porto since 2011 and have absolutely loved our stay here in Portugal. We have a few good friends here in Porto and hope to make some good friends in Serpa too. My wife speaks Portuguese, French & English fluently, unfortunately I only speak English fluently. Looking forward to hearing from anyone in the region and hope to meet up sometime soon.

Regards and best wishes

Carmelino

Hi Carmelino,
Welcome :)

I would suggest these 2 youtube channels about expats that bought farms in Portugal. I hope this will help in your new farm.
Best regards.

Channel "OK Portugal"
Uk couple who bought a farm near Castelo Branco. They have done a really good work in the pre-existing house and on the farm itself.

https://www.youtube.com/c/OKportugal

Channel "CindyVine"
In her youtube channel, you can see all the process involved she has passed through to realise her project. This may help anyone who is searching answers in subjects like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/c/CindyVine

Thanks JohnnyPT,

Really appreciate the help.

Looking forward to meeting you all some day after this Covid situation ends.

Best regards to you all.

Carmelino

We are looking to mive from Lagos to a Farm near Serpa.
We would love to meet any friendly folk.
Regards. Brett and Leigh.

Hi Brett and Leigh,

Welcome to Serpa ! If you need any help or would like to come over or just meet at a cafe, call us on ***. Cheers ! Belinda & Carmelino

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, thankyou for the reply we are viewing quite a few next week.
Unfamiliar with the area but always found Portuguese great people.
My wife has been in Portugal for 33 years.
Me just a humble 17.
Hope to meet up soon.
Cheers.
Brett

Hi at the moment in Porto. Will be back in Serpa beginning of June month. Wish you all the best. Cheers

Hi All

I am looking at some farms in the Serpa area next week. I am looking all around Portugal but like the idea of being close to Spain.

I have a very international life and I like the idea of not sitting on top of everyone else who has moved to Portugal from over seas.  I work with artist of different genres and  believe a home in that part of the world might be of interest.

How are you liking your choice .

I would love to hear your impressions ....

Yes ma'am I'm interested ,the offer for only inside country or over seas