Fast PCR Result in Santo Domingo

Can anyone recommend a clinic in Santo Domingo where I can get quick results for a PCR test in order to travel?  I'm going to Puerto Rico, which requires results to be within 72 hours of taking the exam.

Contact  Laboratorio  Referencia  and see how fast they get results back.

hello

Fast means in two days right?

if yes go to HOMS hospital in Santiago, i have done mine a week ago. the give it in 2 days

Seriously Santiago is not Santo Domingo as requested!

Hahahaha - well, if SD can't accommodate, and if Robert has a vehicle, HOMS is a straightforward drive......just depends on the need. Remember, it's the roads and city traffic that slow things in the DR, not the distance...imho....cheers

Well I am pretty damn sure you can get a test here in the biggest city in the country....  :D:D

Getting the results for the PCR test quick enough for the Canadian 72 hour requirement, I understand, has been aided by the labs providing the time when the test results are provided to the client not by when the samples were taken.   See what that are doing?

Try this..... call and ask your questions

https://do.usembassy.gov/embassy/u-s-ci … -republic/

WillieWeb wrote:

Try this..... call and ask your questions

https://do.usembassy.gov/embassy/u-s-ci … -republic/

PCR tests are not needed for US citizens to fly. The US Embassy posted locations where Antigen tests can be done before entering the USA.   Maybe the Canadian Embassy has a complete list for Canadians and the PCR test (CMC in Cabarete is still not one of those places).

And now Americans will need to quarentine  10 days when they return home.

I only suggested calling & asking.

I am aware it is the US announcing this list....
The lab might offer all types - just ask !

planner wrote:

And now Americans will need to quarentine  10 days when they return home.

Good luck with enforcing that.  We are in the realm of "state's rights" versus what the Federal government can mandate on that issue.  But it will scare people away from travelling.

No idea on that but you are right it will discourage travel.

planner wrote:

No idea on that but you are right it will discourage travel.

In most countries,  a state of emergency can be declared and people forced to stay home along with other violations of human rights by the government. The maximum 45 day State of Emergencies in the DR, for example.

The US laws given to the Federal government to enforce that are very specific.  All of the rest of the laws are enforced state by state, which is called "state's rights".  Makes it virtually impossible for the Federal government to force people to quarantine in the US, wear masks, restrict business hours, etc. since those are within the rights of each state.

Yes I understand and that makes it difficult in many states.  The federal will do what it can but states will do what they want.

Are the labs backed up? How long is typical for result now?

DRVisitor wrote:

Are the labs backed up? How long is typical for result now?

For exactly what test?

Any of the covid tests especially PCR. I've been hearing tests been running out.

I expect the line ups depend on the day in question

WestJet Canada flies Saturdays.... avoid Wed/Tues
Friday would be a good day for a short line.... or Sat Am

Willie - WestJet flies on Saturdays!! I thought only Tues and Thurs (and Fridays during High Season - when the world runs normal!!!. I'll have to stop and check with them soon next time I am in Calgary - likely all flights remain cancelled for the next few weeks.... cheers!!

One flight a week these days - it seems...POP

The testing line will be larger 2-3 days before th flight - my guess

BTW... WestJet takes your reservation for any other then bumps you to Saturday
That's been posted here

As for the US government enforcing 10-day quarantine, there is no enforcement mechanism of any kind.

I tried calling Laboratorio Referencia, but it was impossible to get through on the phone. I tried another laboratory (Amalia, or something like that). They only give tests with a doctors prescription, and there is no guarantee of fast results. Puerto Rico insists on a “molecular test”, and I don't know if that is only PCR or if it includes antigen tests as well.

In the end, I didn't go to PR because getting a timely test result was too much effort.

Thank you for the update.  I believe it will only get worse. 

Amadita I think is the lab you are referring to.

Thanks for the update as have been looking before I return and was noticing similar.

Anyone get a test recently? Any issues? How long for results?