Job Search

I'm very interested in moving to and working in Ireland. I've applied for many positions but due to me needing sponsorship nothing comes to be realized. What have others done to make this a reality? I work in the IT field and know that Ireland is having a big spike in that ki d of work. Any suggestions how I can make this a reality?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

If you're applying for work and have not been successful, then it could be for many reasons; perhaps they have enough of their own nationals with your qualifications, perhaps your role is in one of those where the Irish Government have said they will not issue a work permit.

I suggest you read the Sticky Post "IRELAND - WORK PERMITS" at the top of this forum; having read it and followed the links it contains, if you think you can qualify for a work permit, then you need to work on your CV to make sure that it properly demonstrates all of the relevant key skills you have for the role for which you are applying.  If you think it already does that, then perhaps you need to consider that despite the "big spike", then you may not have the skillset they are looking for and you need to work on that.  How to do that, reach out on LinkedIn, talk to your peers, find out who is hiring, what they are looking for, ensure your CV demonstrates that.

The big thing when applying for work anywhere in the world is that you need 4 things:

Relevant qualifications (particularly in regulated roles)
Relevant experience
Speak the local language
Luck

From what you've said, you need some luck and I wish you all the luck in the world in you attaining your expat dream.

If you have any specific questions, please come back to us.

Cynic
Expat Team