New members of the Wales forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Wales forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Wales if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Everyone,
Just joined the forum.  I was born in Wales and moved to South Africa when I was 4.  I am thinking of perhaps moving back to Wales, but its a big step and now sure where to even start - any suggestions on where to begin and see if this move would be right for me?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The first thing to do is, assuming your parents were British subjects and registered your birth when you were born, then you can apply for a UK passport; you can begin the process on-line; this link will take you straight to the UK Government website with the details.

To find out more, at the top of this page is a link to our Discover section, within which is our Wales Guide; I'd recommend you read that, plus any other links it provides, then if you have any further specific questions, then come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi everyone - I'm from Australia but living in Wales. Right now it's been very hard as I'm seeing all my friends and family do well over there, and it's been announced that I won't be able to come home for years yet. Would be great to make some connections here, and I'd be super keen to find out if there's anyone in similar positions as I am.

Hi Sandra - I may not be a huge help for you here, but I'm curious what you miss most about wales? Ive moved here from australia and would find it interesting to hear what things you miss.

Hi there dilby,
I was only 4 when we left Wales, so I dont really remember much, besides beautiful mountains and country sides.  I am looking as different options as life in South Africa is not what it used to be.  I have no idea if a move over there would be the right thing to do.  What made you move there?

I moved here with the BBC originally, before starting relationship and falling in love with the country. It's a complicated story 😅I'm considering next moves too - its not easy is it? Especially with the world the way it is!

Hello Everyone,

I am a Cloud Network engineer by profession and am planning on relocating to Wales after finding a job there.
I am hoping to connect with people who may help me with my search. I have never been there so it will be difficult, but I still want to experience it once.

Rahul Kumar64 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am a Cloud Network engineer by profession and am planning on relocating to Wales after finding a job there.
I am hoping to connect with people who may help me with my search. I have never been there so it will be difficult, but I still want to experience it once.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Then the best place to start is to read our Discover Wales Guide (top left-hand corner); once you've read that and all the links it provides, then join something like LinkedIn and reach out to your peers who are already in the UK and see who is hiring and where (Wales isn't that big a place and many people commute from elsewhere in the UK).

If you have any further specific questions, then please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello,  I am currently in the States and just retired a fewa years back.  I hold dual US and UK citzenship.  I would like to retire to Wales and work on my Welsh and write, so looking for quiet place.

Hello decemberfrost,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Feel free to start new threads on the Wales forum if you have expat-related questions.

Best of luck,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969445

Thanks!

Closed