New members of the Uganda forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Uganda forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Uganda if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hallo every one my name is bukenya Rosco from Uganda ,am a film maker and tutor of sound at Kampala film school. I hope to travel to Turkey one day and I thought this would be the write place.

Hello everyone!

Trust you're doing well. I got a job offer in Entebbe and this will be my first time going to Uganda. If anyone could please let me know which area to live in and where to look for apartments, I would really appreciate it.  ;)

First your most welcome to Uganda this is the pearl of African, now back to were you want to stay it should be near your working areas that would be between Entebbe  and Kitende area, therefore I can call someone in that area  and see the apartments available then get back to you.
*** Abraham is me

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Entebbe is great! Small but has almost everything you need (and less traffic than Kampala!)
I suggest joining some Expat groups on Facebook. You may even find a place to live through them.
Be careful of brokers. A lot of them are time-wasters.
Please read my blog *** Uganda for beginners. I've lived in UG since 2009 - fabulous country!

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : No external links, pls.

If your job is in Entebbe, then Entebbe is definitely the best place to stay in. It's calm and quiet and beautiful at the same time.

As for introduction, My name is Irene Kwagala and I own Shopcut- a personal shopping business.

hello kwagala am NYANZI in uganda what do you need

Hi,

I am a single mum of 3 looking for an expat Job in Uganda..... I fell in love with the place after studying and staying in KIU for 4 years 2005-2009. friendly people, easy life, good vibe, alot of respect to tradition, alot of site seeing as I love travelling, I simply learnt alot..... I just wish to come back and reconnect and have my children grow there... Entebbe would be my 1st choice... if Anyone knows of any opportunities kindly share....

Any driving job around here.

Hey There am Christine, from Uganda, I have experience working in Community development projects and vulnerable persons toward social justice, I love research, data collection, I would be glad to get connected in that space

Hi, I have residential properties for rent in the Muyenga - Kampala area. Is this a good space to share details ?

So can I go ahead and introduce myself from that point of view ?

Hello Karuhanga,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Please note that advertising is not allowed on the forum, thus I invite you to post an advert in the Housing in Uganda section if you want to promote some residential properties.

You may introduce yourself so that we know how to help you.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hi,
Welcome!!

I am Gambian arriving in Kampala working for bank. I am looking for weekend walk and jog mates. Let me know if there is a group i can join.

Regards
Musa

Hi
Would be interested

Hello!

I'm a petroleum engineer based in Norway and planning to move to Uganda. I'm currently looking for a Scandinavian/Norwegian community in Uganda. :)

Hello petroleumgirl,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please go ahead and start a new thread on the Uganda forum to seek out expats from Scandinavia and Norway. You'll be able to share notes and interact about life as an expat in Uganda.

All the best,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hi Wanjiku, very happy to meet you. I'm Antonio from Italy and I can't wait to transfer in Uganda to live there . Please send me sono information about your plans. I lived in Masaka two years ago for a week and I look forward to come back there.. But I need a work or I have to find a solution to start a business there. Please answer me my dear. My WhatsApp number is: **. I hope to hear you soon.... A hug. Antonio

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Greetings to everyone,
I am moving to Kampala in January to take up a teaching position. The school is in Naguru. Looking for a two bedroom place. Apartment or house. My wife will join me a little later in the year. Will also look into getting a car and joining the golf club. Would appreciate any assistance with housing, car and golf.
Many many thanks.

Greetings Gerhann,
Wish I could help you more.  I thought of you this weekend as I helped a friend find a new apartment in Entebbe and also drove by a popular golf course in Munyonyo that had a new apartment complex next to it.  But, I don't really know Naguru well enough to recommend anything.  I can tell you that there are new apartments being built throughout the city, so you will surely find something, you just might need to stay in a cheap hotel for a couple of weeks while you look for the best place for you.  Hopefully, someone at your school can give you a few leads.  As for golf, not an issue, you're going to be close to a couple of different places.   Cars are available from bond dealers (in the USA we would call them used car lots), lots of them all over the place.  Though, if you manage to live and work in Naguru, I doubt if you'll need one, just take taxis and bodas, which are unbiquitous, wherever you want to go.

Hi there…whatsapp me *** am billy here in Kampala, my mum from kenya though…kikuyu

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969436

Thanks!

Closed