New members of the USA forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hello GertM,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Since it did not take you long to post your question as a separate thread, you will soon gather the information required to facilitate your move.  :idontagree:

To accompany future expats, Expat.com has put a Living in USA guide at their disposal. I would suggest that you have a look at the articles.

Best of luck,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hello am Henry and am a marine engineer I left the us a long time ago I have been in France and Australia I jus came to the us not t oo long ago I joined this forum to make new friends and probably find love again

Hello
You well come

Please I need jobs can you help me?

henrywoods700 wrote:

Hello am Henry and am a marine engineer I left the us a long time ago I have been in France and Australia I jus came to the us not t oo long ago I joined this forum to make new friends and probably find love again

Be advised Expat.com is not a dating site.  Contacting members for such purposes will quickly get you banned.

Romaniac

I am also a South African looking to move to the United States! It's great to see that there are familiar people like me haha

Hi everyone,

My name is Anni and my family and I moved from Germany (Cologne) to Boston (Massachusetts) in July 2021. We have two kids (2.5 and 4.5 years old).

I am looking forward to conact with you and to share my experiences! :-)

Have a great day!
Anni

Hello!  I lived in the USA for 23 years, 4 years in Canada and 2years in Singapore. I am originally from Japan.

I will be moving to Austin TX and I would appreciate any info!

Hi, this is a reply to Gert M. I moved to the US from Canada when my kids were 1 and 5.

If you are definitely returning to your home country in 1-2 years, you don't have to be too concerned, but the US school system needs serious navigation.

It's super complicated and I can probably write a book about it, but the rule of thumb for public schools is, the more you pay for the area, you get better education for elementary school and kindergarten.

Quality of Private schools are very school dependent and can be good or bad. Catholic schools are archdioceses dependent.

Good Preschools have long wait list and are very hard to get in, but people with money and connection don't seem to have problems.

Hello my name is Given am a Zambian am looking to go and visit the USA

Hello everyone am looking for friends in the USA 👬👭👭👫👬🧑‍🤝‍🧑

My name is July a Zimbabwean living and working in South Africa. I would like to relocate to USA.lam a truck driver for 7years. We are a family of 3.

Hi I'm Jean I'm 29 years old. I'm planning to live in Miami with my family. I just wanted to know everything we have to do for us to go there. If I could find a work visa that would be even better for me due to short budget.

Hi can we be friends if you don't mind 🥰🥰

Hello I need help with picking up an item of a store in San Francisco. Please dm me.

Avocadoboi wrote:

Hello I need help with picking up an item of a store in San Francisco. Please dm me.

Is this to be delivered to a US address or sent overseas?

Good Morning all , l'm happy to be in this group , l'm a mother of 4 kids and l'm planning   to stay  with my  in USA  and  continue my work with special need students and may be  if possible to have  a  training in USA that can help me to have a certificate.

My Name is Ms Ndoun , l am a special need teacher  and l have 4 kids, l would like to do my passeport and visa , l dont know if you can help me  on which procedure l can follow.Thanks

Thanks
:)

endoun wrote:

My Name is Ms Ndoun , l am a special need teacher  and l have 4 kids, l would like to do my passeport and visa , l dont know if you can help me  on which procedure l can follow.Thanks

Go to the nearest USA Embassy

Hi Everyone
My name is Claudia. I am from Lima Peru and will
be moving to work in Richardson Texas in January 2022. I am new to the area so any recomendation qould
be great.
Looking for place to rent, good banking options for expats. Taxes etc

Hello there,

I am Hazel Avery and I am  25 years old recently shifted to the USA with my youngest sister.  I don't have any idea how to start my journey here first I complete my education and want to start a part-time job because educational and accommodation expenses are Very costly. 

Someone knows about the best university in the USA for Master Program then kindly suggest to me which one is best for me.

Hi Claudia. Welcome to Texas! Check out rent.com and type in your work area code. It's best to live near your work place when you're new to the city. Also, please check out which area to avoid. If you don't drive, check the transport system. Hope this helps.

Pink Turtle wrote:

Hello!  I lived in the USA for 23 years, 4 years in Canada and 2years in Singapore. I am originally from Japan.

I will be moving to Austin TX and I would appreciate any info!

Hi Pink. Welcome to Texas! Austin is a progressive city and now home to techs and businesses. Start renting near your place of work while trying to get to know the city. Best place to search is thru rent.com. Good luck!

Nami the Nurse wrote:

Hello lovely people,

This is Namitha. I'm a nurse from Queanbeyan NSW, Australia.

I've dreamed of working in the beautiful Americas, and hope to spend some time travelling North America while working in the USA.

My career is helping my dream come true. I'm expecting to be expatriated for a couple of years in the USA starting somewhere between late 2022 and mid 2023.

I joined this forum to understand what to expect when I land up there, and learn more about everyday life in the USA - right now, all I know is that I'll have to drive on the other side while in the USA   =D

Thank you!

Hi Namitha. I'm a nurse like you and came over to the US on a Greencard. Originally from Philippines, moved to UK in 2001 and came to US in 2016. Have you taken the NCLEX? IELTS? What is your nursing specialty? Are you a naturalised Australian citizen?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969435

Thanks!

Closed