New members of the South Africa forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the South Africa forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in South Africa if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I have been in Port Elizabeth since July 2019 on a relative (life partner) Visa...up for renewal this year.
Retired and living the dream🌸. There are still adjustments, the most difficult is meeting like-minded people and not being able to do the activities that I was used to having access to...but currently writing, improving photoshop and photography skills...learning chess...and enjoying not working 9 to 5😄

Hi everyone

Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this forum.
My hubby and I are currently living in SA and desperately want to move to Mauritius. We are currently trying to get all our paperwork sorted out.
My hubby is a Web designer and I work in retail at a management level. He is planning to start a business in Mauritius and ideally I would like to try and find a job until I can start my own thing in training.
I have sooooo many questions and don't always get the best answers.
We are currently talking to Dodo Relocations regarding all our permits and best options. I just didn't expect it to be so costly especially when it comes to bring my animals with.

Have a great day.

Hi all,

I just moved to Cape Town in mid December 2020. I'm originally from Singapore, but lived in Abu Dhabi for the last 8 years. I have two young children who will (finally) start school next week. My biggest culture shock was paying exorbitant prices for Asian food staples like ginger and lemongrass. My second culture shock was load-shedding. I'm looking forward to the adventures that await.

Hi I am Currently Leaving in the western cape (Paarl) for the past 24 years . Recently change work from(High Performance Coaching and Consulting) to Consultant in the Wine Industry. STILL INDECISIVE IF I SHOULD MOVE BACK TO MAURITIUS OR NOT ...

Hi,
My wife (Izabela) and I are retired and will be moving to Cape Town, indefinitely, when the current restrictions will allow!

I am originally from England, but have been living in Brisbane, Australia, for the last 35 years. Izabela was born in Poland, but has also been living in Australia for the last 35 years, where we met. Currently, we have been living in Wroclaw, Poland for the last 7 years (family reasons).

We are looking forward very much to moving to Cape Town and will undoubtedly have plenty of questions before we actually move! So, any assistance will be gratefully received!

Cheers,
Andrew

Well, I made the "break" and moved to South Africa in the middle of a pandemic! (Nov 2020).
    I am a wildlife artist and writer. I am originally from the USA (where I have been living  for the last 11 years!!!)- but have lived and worked on four continents. I selected South Africa on my own as a retired person.  I purchased a gorgeous guesthouse in Paradise Beach, Jeffreys Bay. I will be offering short stay R&R for individuals and families who volunteer throughout Africa (mostly medical workers, probably). The beach is beautiful and my gardens offer a special retreat. I have volunteered in the past. . . I know how much a stay in a place like mine can contribute. My skill set isn't much in demand, but I can be supportive of others.
    I presently have 18 Artists in Zimbabwe creating outstanding works of art. They have been doing this for me since March 2020. I am wondering what to do with the wonderful things they have made?  I am searching for USA-based not for profit organizations working in South Africa that will benefit from a donation of high-end works of art.
    It's been a process. The loadshedding was a surprise!  I'm still waiting to get my traffic control number (?) so I can buy a car.
    I have a wonderful car in the USA and wish to trade it for one here (fat chance). I am enjoying my community and local humor.

I am a Malawian citizen planning to settle in South Africa after my studies this year but I am having troubles with finding jobs, can anyone help out

Hi

My name is Sumaya Samsodien I'm from South Africa I'm in the tourism Industry I would like to give my company a boost but don't know how to go about making it International

@sumayatravelontime

You can advertise in the Services section top of this page.

I am Thierry Mfundu. I come from Rd.Congo. I am a journalist and have lived in Johannesburg since 2019. I left my country for reasons of insecurity. I lost my job following the covid-19 pandemic.

I am on this forum to make myself new acquaintances and if possible to find employment possibilities.

Greetings All

Greetings to you all, I am Hans from Ghana. I have intentions of moving to South Africa for an extended amount of time for both leisure and creative purposes. Also, kindly feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about living in Ghana as a foreigner too.

Best,
Hans

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969414

Thanks!

Closed