New members of the Poland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hello everyone I'm looking for nail technician course ( English) in Warsaw . I'm new in Poland .

Hello all,

We are Joey and Izabela. We are building a house in my wife's home town, we just received the governmental permits and hope to be completed and moved 12-16 months from now. My wife is dual US/PL citizen. This will be our retirement home. Looking forward to the adventure, I do not speak Polish, but have started trying to learn (wow, tough).  I am retired military, have traveled and lived in Europe extensively and loo forward to seeing/experiencing much more.

Looking to find information about expat banking and how everyone maintains a US mailing address. Also to keep in touch with other expats.

Joey

Hi Joey,

I'm in the Pomorskie province and you can sign me up any time for keeping in touch. We can share war stories, but I suspect mine will be much shorter than yours! :D

Can't help you with the US mailing address. I had difficulty with the banks in Poland. Many branches don't have English speaking staff and require additional proof than just your passport (e.g. residence permit) before they will be willing to open a bank account for you. In the end my options were very limited and I went with the bank willing to speak to me in English and open an account for me with just my passport. (Won't mention any names here as it may be construed as advertising.)

I don't know if one might have better luck with other European banks. Will depend on your needs and circumstances? Once you have an account money is easily transferred between countries via SWIFT.

Hope the info is useful.

Regards
Jovano

Hello to everyone here! First I would like to give thanks to Julien and Diksha for the efforts you've been putting here in expat.com, such a helpful site for people like me, who is aspiring to migrate in Poland. I am looking for ways to make this dream come true by searching for a job related in agriculture, I would like to shift career from office job to a more physically demanding but fulfilling jobs around farms. Why farming? Cause I value my health, and in hope of spreading the importance of consuming healthy produce that have a huge impact in the quality of our life.

7years working abroad, wanting to explore more, as I've learned from my experience that every culture have more to offer in broadening my perspective in life. I am positive that this site will lead me to an easier process in search of my dream job.

Peace and Prosperity to all!

Aries

I have some questions,
I would like to rent a long term single person flat, the contract that I sign with the landlord via an estate agent will it be in English?
Can I request one in English?
Is Internet access always supplied with a flat?
Because I would like my own connection, not shared across with anyone.

Thanks to all replies.

waqaruk wrote:

I have some questions,
I would like to rent a long term single person flat, the contract that I sign with the landlord via an estate agent will it be in English?
Can I request one in English?
Is Internet access always supplied with a flat?
Because I would like my own connection, not shared across with anyone.

Thanks to all replies.

It would be best to start a new thread for better coverage, this thread is to introduce yourself-

SimCityAT
Expat Team

OK :)

Hi frn.. I'm roshan shrestha from nepal  bigest mounten in the world place

rowsanxtha18 wrote:

Hi frn.. I'm roshan shrestha from nepal  bigest mounten in the world place

Welcome, how can we help?

Hello Poland :D

I love Poland and to work there

I am 40 years old ,o level in my education inthat my dream in to work in Portland has tractor driver because I love farming and to get to know more there hard work person and ready to follow all directions of my boss looking for more from you

I'm prosperjona Nathan
I'm from Ghana (Africa)
I'm dreaming to move to Poland but I don't have any one there
But I'm a professional painter and also building designer
I want to know if I can get a job in Warsaw Poland as a foreigner

Wow that's nice how is Poland

Life is a gradual process
Thank God you have moved it
With time every thing will be okay to you good luck

I'm happy for you how is Poland
I hope you are doing good bro

Thank you brothers and sisters, I am jaston Magyezi a Ugandan by nationality.
I am feeling so grateful that you have welcomed me on to your group, God bless you all.

Just a request, I would suggest that every member to put his or her profile picture..so it's easy to know whom we're dealing with....me personally I can't accept a request for someone I don't see.

Thank you very much !
We would like to leave in Krakov because we loved this town and the medical studies for my daughter are really shorter than in France : 6 years and not 12 years to do the same job…
But I really don't know if it's very difficult to be accepted in the first year and to finish without bad surprises, for example be excluded from the university before the end of the 6 years because they think that your results aren't enough sufficient for them. …
Would you know the differences between the public and the private médical universities ?
Could you please confirm us that you have inside students who come from all around the world ? Someone else told me that and it's realy wierd …
Did you like leaving in Poland ? Maybe are you polish ? Thank you very much for everything you will do to to help us ♥️🙏🌲🌙😴

Hello Expats 🖐🏻

I'm moving to Krakow in 2 weeks. I do not know anyone in the city and would love to meet new friends.

Looking forward to the new adventures😻

Hello Ancil Hameed,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

I hope that you will be able to make friends on the forum soon.

Should you have any question about the life in Poland, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Poland forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

hi,
i am lawrence and interested in living and working in poland ...am presently looking for jobs online as to get a job offer which wold help my relocation... am single and just started learning a little polish on duolingo

I have BSC Nursing in Coventry University, United kingdom and I love to work in Poland

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969386

Thanks!

Closed