New members of the Philippines forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi everyone,

52 yrs old, living in Switzerland, considering to move to PH with my partner in about 2-4 yrs. I have about 1 million questions, know next to nothing and am keen to learn about the PH. I'm looking forward to meeting you in this virtual space and hoping some day soon to find myself in the PH and saying to myself - you did it!

SwissReetiree wrote:

Hi everyone,

52 yrs old, living in Switzerland, considering to move to PH with my partner in about 2-4 yrs. I have about 1 million questions, know next to nothing and am keen to learn about the PH. I'm looking forward to meeting you in this virtual space and hoping some day soon to find myself in the PH and saying to myself - you did it!

Welcome @SwissReetiree!

Do everyone a favor and split your million questions into individual threads.

But seriously, some initial investigation on the Interwebz may help you focus your questions so that you receive more useful information.

Be well!

Why the Philippines????

SwissReetiree wrote:

Hi everyone,

52 yrs old, living in Switzerland, considering to move to PH with my partner in about 2-4 yrs.

I wish I was 52 years old again and moved to Switzerland.

Bob if you wish it a third time, it might come true!

Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Third wish is one of those Alphorn's (horn) famous in Switzerland and maybe short pants with suspenders when I use it to annoy neighbors when necessary.

Enzyte Bob wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Third wish is one of those Alphorn's (horn) famous in Switzerland and maybe short pants with suspenders when I use it to annoy neighbors when necessary.

Well as long as you post vid of the action then I am good with this!  :D

Hello, my name is Abe. I was born in Kenya Africa. My grand parents came from India. At the age of 17 years I moved to London UK. I am retired.
At the moment I am in Angeles City Philippines, I have been 3 years in Angeles.

ibusan1046 wrote:

Hello, my name is Abe. I was born in Kenya Africa. My grand parents came from India. At the age of 17 years I moved to London UK. I am retired.
At the moment I am in Angeles City Philippines, I have been 3 years in Angeles.

Welcome to the forum Abe. Enjoy.

Cheers, Steve.

Greeting Abe!

Welcome...

Thanks Steve

Abe

Thanks

Where about are you in the Philippines?
I am in Angeles City Pampanga.

ibusan1046 wrote:

Where about are you in the Philippines?
I am in Angeles City Pampanga.

I am that city loved by so many expats in these forums....

Manila!   :lol:

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

Why the Philippines????

Because 'It's more fun'  :D

Enzyte Bob wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

I just hope you can Yodel :whistle:  too

Lotus Eater wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

I just hope you can Yodel :whistle:

Lady-O     Lady-O     Lady-O

Enzyte Bob wrote:
Lotus Eater wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:

I just hope you can Yodel :whistle:

Lady-O     Lady-O     Lady-O

https://i.imgur.com/5hcpNrO.gif

Hi everyone,

Please note that this thread has been created for the introduction of new members only.
Let's avoid being off topic here.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Hi Everyone, My name is Jimmy and I'm looking at semi retiring in the Philippines at first some time early next year. My wife is Imee and she is a Filipina. Kind of waiting to see how this covid crazyness pans out. Thanks...

jwbradbu wrote:

Hi Everyone, My name is Jimmy and I'm looking at semi retiring in the Philippines at first some time early next year. My wife is Imee and she is a Filipina. Kind of waiting to see how this covid crazyness pans out. Thanks...

Hi Jimmy,

Plenty of good reading ITF...

"Boots on the ground" FTW!

Good luck!

TL

Hi my name is Jim and I hope to be in the Philippines in January 2022!!!  I have some friends near Baguio but i may get a position in Legazpi City. Looking for advice. I am 70 in good health and retired Navy, Thanks JIM

Hi all,

i am Ted and live in the Phils for 20 years.
I am in the north of Mindanao.
I was looking around because of the new requierments to get a visa to join my family in the Philippines.
Anyway, did join here so maybe i can give some lights on some points.
See ya all...

Hello lcdrski & ted890,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Since both of you are seeking advice on a specific topic, please go ahead and create a new thread each on the Philippines forum.

All the best,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hi all...my name is Bill, and I married a lovely Filippina (Mariel) in January of this year.

I've been to the Philippines 4 times in the last 3 years, including 11 months, first applying for, and getting Mariel a K-1 visa, and then waiting out the Covid travel shut down and having to again reapply for the K-1 visa. Now Mariel is here in the US with me, and now we are waiting for her Green Card and new travel docs.

We will be returning to the Philippines (Roxas City, Capiz) when we've secured the Green Card, and live outside Roxas City, where we've purchased a house. We'll be close to her family, but not too close (lol).

I'd like to find some of my own friends (fellow expats) so I don't feel quite so isolated there. I do have 1 friend that I used to work with, who like me has found a nice Filippina girl, but on one of the other islands, and he will be moving there in the next couple of years.

I'm looking forward to learning more about living as an expat in the Philippines, and tips on adapting to a long time stay outside the US.

Cheers

Bill and Mariel

Welcome Bill!

Nice job on finding a nice woman and getting the Visa. It's not a simple process..

Hope the move goes well.

Hi Iget an account but not deposit my SS. Just me I have B of A and Navy Federal will use those and transfer all the best. JIM

Hello All!

Welcome to the Philippines ( For those who have plans and intention to move in PH permanently) :)

My name is Lara and i am from The Philippines. I am a member of Expat.com since 2008 and got lost in touch. Now, i am back and amazed how people (in terms of communicating and collaborating) changed in this platform.

I am a an OD Practitioner and HR Professional. If in case some of you are intending to put up a company here, let me know. I can give you some piece of advise in terms of Manpower, PH Legal Employee Benefits and Learning and Development.

Thanks!

Hi - This might be a timely post. We're in medicine in the US and developing a back office in India. If/when Philippines opens up we're toying with the idea of developing something there to provide remote nurse triage and/medical assistant type services to the physicians we work with. I'd be interested to get more information about what you do and how you could potentially assist

pseudo_sweety wrote:

If in case some of you are intending to put up a company here, let me know. I can give you some piece of advise in terms of Manpower, PH Legal Employee Benefits and Learning and Development.

Thanks!

Bonjour, Hello everyone,

new member of that forum, I'm Thomas, glad to be here and in the PH^^

Actually in the PH since 3years now, gonna do next month (finaly) my 13a visa in Manila...tooks a while because of the Covid situation and restrictions, I'm in Palawan (Taytay)

So if you have any suggestions or advices for my process I will be happy to read you.

Stay safe everyone!

Thomas!

Parvaze wrote:

Hi - This might be a timely post. We're in medicine in the US and developing a back office in India. If/when Philippines opens up we're toying with the idea of developing something there to provide remote nurse triage and/medical assistant type services to the physicians we work with. I'd be interested to get more information about what you do and how you could potentially assist

pseudo_sweety wrote:

If in case some of you are intending to put up a company here, let me know. I can give you some piece of advise in terms of Manpower, PH Legal Employee Benefits and Learning and Development.

Thanks!

Hello There Parvaze!

That is a good initiative, right now i must admit Philippines has a weak response in the Pandemic in terms of medicines, hospital supplies and quarantine facility. We really need help from others to develop the healthcare industry. I work as an HR Practitioner mainly focused on Talent Acquisition, organizational structure and learning and development.

In the event that you are all settle to start your business here, i am gladly to assist you in terms of manpower pooling, employee benefits (PH mandated) and all Human Resources need.

Thanks and goodluck!

Parvaze wrote:

Parvaze, it might be a challenge to hire a US RN in the Philippines for a triage nurse. If working in a nurse capacity including remote work to the US, one is required to be an RN in the state the nurse is servicing. I do not anticipate the states' medical board will change this rule.

That's a good point, will have to think through exactly what remote virtual medical assistants/nurses could do and see if it's even viable

Parvaze, it might be a challenge to hire a US RN in the Philippines for a triage nurse. If working in a nurse capacity including remote work to the US, one is required to be an RN in the state the nurse is servicing. I do not anticipate the states' medical board will change this rule.

Hello,

My wife, from the Philippines, and I, from the US, Just settled in Dasmarinas. Basically, as she has been an OFW and I have only been here for work we are just looking for help navigating issues that arise and meeting new people.

PNodens wrote:

Hello,

My wife, from the Philippines, and I, from the US, Just settled in Dasmarinas. Basically, as she has been an OFW and I have only been here for work we are just looking for help navigating issues that arise and meeting new people.

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy. Plenty of info on this site.

Cheers, Steve.

Hello everyone. I am from Russia going to move to the Philippines to start a family and live there.
The Philippines is one of the few countries that is not spoiled by civilization.
I do not know any languages and I will learn English locally, having met the girl beforehand.
I am 57 years old, and in order to move to the Philippines, I need to solve the most important issue, the means of living.

It will be very hard for you to make a good living if you do not have money saved up already to start a solid business, or unless you have skills and experience that is of value, and sought after there.  Best of luck my friend.   I agree with you that it is a country that is not spoiled... The family units and values are very strong... Different... but strong.   If you are white, they do tend to treat you like a bank machine 😉...

I just left (my fiancee moved us) out of my apartment in Dasmarinas... to Dipolog... Dasmarinas isn't too bad... Good luck to you my friend.

There is an old saying that comes from the American west, in other words a cowboy saying "don't start a journey if you have to ask for help". This may sound judgemental but it is not ment to be, I am just saying that if you can not figure out how to do something on your own, then no body else will be able to help you. In any event I wish you well, peace and love...

Closed