New members of the Nicaragua forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Nicaragua forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Nicaragua if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

My  name is Ron i will be relocation to Salinas Grandes  in the next 8 weeks . I would like to know if the UK old age pension  is indexed in Nicaragua. I was a would traveler but this will be my last  move.   Ron

Ron,

It sounds like you need to get a residency visa (Cedula) in Nicaragua. Upon arrival you are given 90 days free travel within Nicaragua. After 90 days you need to leave Nicaragua and re-enter or be in the process of obtaining your Cedula either as an Investor or pensionado. I'm currently gathering all my documents and will be relocating to Nicaragua in June. If your pension is $1400 pounds per month ($1000 USD) and no felony criminal convictions you won' have any problems in obtaining your cedula. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Glenn

Hi Glem thanks for the reply,you missread me as regards the pension.I mentioned INDEXED which means cost of living increase each year,i was asking if it was applicable to Nicaragua. I live in Saskatchewan Canada,were do you hail from?  Regards     Ron

Ron,

I'm from Southern California. The cost of living is about 50% less than the US and Canada. As far as inflation goes it is very low in Nicaragua.

Glenn

Hi, I am retired from the US and I am living in Nicaragua, and my project is to sell one of my two properties. It is located on the road to Masaya km 14, Nindiri, Masaya.
Land: 7,500 square yards.
• Built area of the main house: 174 m2
• Built area of the apartment: 52 m2
• Built area of old house: 202 m2
If any of you guys know about someone who could be interested, please let me know.

Thanks for reading,

Mike

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks for introducing yourselves.

If you have any questions regarding your plans to move to Nicaragua, don't hesitate to start new threads on the Nicaragua forum.

@ Mike : Since the forum is not the right place to let our members know about properties you are selling, I would recommend strongly that you post free adverts in the Housing in Nicaragua section.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hello,
I would like to live and work in Nicaragua.
Regards
Patrick

It May is not in the cards for you, what skills do you have that
are needed?

Hi my name is Derek and I live in Vancouver Canada. I have just started to research the potential of relocating to Nicaragua. Luckily a close friend of mine has recently made the move and has been very helpful answering questions for me and giving me his first hand accounts of how to make it happen. I guess there are still things I'm trying to connect the dots on, like what I need to do with documents like my passport, birth certificate and other personal documents in order to gain residency. I gather I need to have the notarized and translated but still am unsure exactly how to go about it.  I'd love any help or suggestions with this one. Cheers.

Derek,

I just received my residency in Nicaragua as well as my wife. I recommend you contact a lawyer in Nicaragua that specializes in all the requirements of gaining residency. His name is Paul Tiffer and he is on Facebook. Many Americans and Canadians use his services. Here is his email address as well. ([email protected]) . We used his services and were able to gain residency in 4.5 months. Let me know if you have any questions. I live in San Juan Del Sur now with my wife and we are both retired.

Regards,

Glenn

Awesome, thanks Glenn. I'll definitely drop Paul an email. My family and I are also trying to land in San Juan Del Sur!!

Derek,

Sounds good let me know if you have any further questions about SJDS or Nicaragua.

Glenn

Hey Glenn,
Can I live decently in SJDS on $1150/month USD?  Hot showers would be nice. I'm fairly frugal (cheap) and easily lived on less than that in Guadalajara, Mexico and Sanur Bali.
TIA,
Buddy

Hey all, I'm Buddy. I'm currently back in the US hating on winter. As I mentioned, I lived in Guadalajara MX, and Sanur Bali for six months and spent about $7-800 a month. I'm looking to retire to SJDS initially but the mountains look nice too. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Merry Christmas everyone!
B

Edited last post

With that budget you would be living in a hostal for 400-500 per month. It would consist of a shared kitchen. Yes it would be doable.

A hostel? There's no studios or 1-BRs for that price. I mean I see those on Air Bnb for less than that but would rather not pay Air BnB costs.

You can find a one bedroom or studio as well but it may not be in the downtown section if you ok with that. Have you made your flight plans yet. More availability will come after New Years.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969371

Thanks!

Closed