New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hello All and welcome to Malaysia!

I started teaching in KL in 2012, now in Johor Bahru working at an international school as Head of SEN Program. Malaysia is an interesting country with diverse culture. I had loved this country including the culture and the people.
To those who are new here, I am sure you will love Malaysia as well. Hopefully, pandemic will soon be over so we could all easily travel again.
Keep safe!

Warmly,
Marlyn

Hi ,I'm Michelle a Malaysian. I'm a property agent located in Malaysia. Nice to have me on board.

Hello! I'm Loy. Nice to meet everyone virtually.

Glad to be here.

Hey guys! My name is Jeff and I live in Chicago. I was an army ranger from 1987 to 1995 and I'm now getting a monthly pension from the VA. I'm looking to move to Georgetown in two or three years.  Basically the reason I don't move now is because I have a 12 year old dog Who is used to this colder weather and I'm not gonna put her through an international move like that at this age. Hopefully she'll last a few more years, but when she's gone I'm ready to head out. Looking to connect with someone that can kind of show me the ropes I'm getting set up once I get there. I've done a lot of research and I think I found some good places to rent when the time comes. Feel free to reach out to me anytime.

Hi everyone,
my name is Alessio, I will move to Malaysia in a few weeks and start working at the University of Nottingham Malaysia (in Semeniyh).

I am an Italian national, lived in the UK for about 5 years.
The forum looks very useful!

hi all ,
Am Dharmesh Rathod from India living in Deasaru working with Petronas , nice to have a group like this.
need help to get/convert Indian driving license to Malaysian driving license.

Hello Dharmesh,

Welcome to Expat.com, and thank you for introducing yourself. :)

I see that you already have a thread open on this topic. Our members will help you in finding out how to get that done.

Should you have more questions, kindly continue participating on the Malaysia forum by starting other threads.

All the best,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hi everyone!!

My name is Corey and I've been doing research into where I want to retire for a while now. I finally chose Malaysia and I am super excited. I think that I would like to live near bukkit bitang. I'm ready to get this adventure going but I am not retired yet, just trying to plan things out.

Selamat jelan,
Corey

Hey All,
Nice to see the enthusiasm of lovely Expats here in this thread.
I am an Indian, working here in KL from more than 2 years now and living with my family in KL itself. i loved this country and people. Although the current pandemic situation has made our lives a bit disturbed, but wait we can see normalcy on the way.

Just my thought, why dont we all connect using any WhatsApp group as well? What say?

I guess, it would become yet another muted or inactive whatsapp group in my phone. In my opinion, this forum is the best place to connect for information. This is just my opinion, other opinions are welcome as well.

Hi Dharmesh,
You would require to get appointment first and visit to JPJ Wangsa Maju with all supporting docs as below.
- Indian Driving License Print out from Vaahan.com
- Passport and EP
- Filled Application Forms(can be downloaded from JPJ site).

happy to part of the community!

linkehui wrote:

Hi , I have been living in Malaysia on the MM2H program for the past five years but only recently found this platform!
Hope to hear from people  who will depart the MM2H program soon
Thanks

I suggest you check out the Facebook group: Expats : Where 2 Now which is where the MM2H'ers who are considering leaving are talking (private group)

Hi Alessio!

Welcome to Malaysia; hope to know more about Italy!
Best regards,

Teresa

Hi,
I'm Säde, been living in Malaysia for 7 years now, planning to move back home and looking to sell my business here in Malaysia. I hope I find interested buyer soon and give the business to Someone else who would like to live in Malaysia 😊🙏🏻

Hey there,

I'm Raphael and 24 years old. I just moved to KL from Germany for an 9 months internship.

I'd be glad to meet some new people here and find some friends. So just contact me, if you'd like to.

Best regards
Raphael

I am new. Grace mains from Nairobi Kenya. Looking forward to getting a job in Malaysia.

Hi all,  :cheers:

I'm moving with my family to Seremban in July 2022.  I currently work in the US and was recently an expat in Suzhou, China.  Interestingly enough my time in Suzhou led to the job opportunity in Seremban, so keep those network ties strong because you never know where they could take you.

My family is extremely excited to move to Malaysia and we can't wait.  I'm interested in knowing if anyone is familiar with the international schools in the area, what neighborhoods should we be taking a look at, and all the other million questions that goes along with moving to the other side of the world.

All the best!

Hello everyone, good morning and Merry Christmas and a happy new to you all. My name is Chukwuma Johnson Nwachukwu I'm a Nigerian citizen living in Malaysia and a student of  economics at Sunway college. I came to Malaysia in the year 2017 with the intentions of working here after my graduation. It's been an awesome experience here in Malaysia.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969347

Thanks!

Closed