New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ireland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ireland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome ,I appreciate.Looking forward to get a Job in Ireland and i believe you will be of much help,thanks

Hello.am a newbie on this forum.thank you for the welcome.i am glad I was able to come across this forum.
I hope to get the best of help.Thank you

Hello fellow expats! I moved to Dublin from outside Boston, Massachusetts in August, 2019 when I was 3 months pregnant. I had my daughter mere days before the first case of COVID was discovered in Ireland. It's been a really lonely time to be an expat and a new parent and I'm so glad I found this community. Thank you for providing space for connection.

Hello Molly I'm from Paris in France welcome on the website!

Paris was the first place I visited that required a passport, and where I fell in love with travel! Thank you for the warm welcome 😊

U welcom

Hello Everyone, my name is Michael from Cameroon, central Africa. I want to travel and work in Ireland, or any other. Country in Europe. I am a hard working and dedicated person, who has never been far away from home. I will really like to know all about what it takes to find me a job abroad.
Thanks for your warm welcome and looking forward to hearing from you.

I'm glad to hear that Molly! I visited Boston, MA a few years ago and I absolutely loved it!!! People there were so amazing! I've been to America many times and I really like it, lots to see,to do. It's special ;)

Hello ,
I am Lilo..23year old Kenyan lady hoping to find a job in Ireland.I hope I'll get the chance to relocate there soon.Thankyou❤️

Helo every one. Let me hope ur okay am iga fredrick kuku from uganda

Hello everyone, my name is Hellen I am from South Africa. My wish is to relocate and stay in Ireland and find a job. I worked as an Admin Manager for almost 10 years now.

Any information, kindly assist.

Hi everyone!
I am Viviano and I'm from Portugal,  I m currently in India for family visit and I want to relocate to Ireland to stay and work there. Please assist me with the quarantine info as well as the accommodation and job opportunities .
Thank you all and stay safe

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

As an EU citizen, you have the right to live and work anywhere in the EU, which includes Ireland.

Covid - the Irish government have a webpage devoted to the current travel restrictions, this link will take you straight to it.

Accommodation is always in short supply in Ireland.  Your line of work will often include accommodation, so maybe start there.

Job Opportunities - a quick Google search tells you who is hiring at the moment; contact them and register your CV.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi guys am iga fredrick from Uganda . let me hope that everyone is fine.

Hello,

My name is Charlie, and I'm currently living in Norway. For as long as I can remember, I have had this unexplainable pull towards Ireland and everything Irish. When I was finally able to visit for the first time in 2006, I instantly knew that I was home where I truly belong.

For the last four years, I've been travelling back at least six or seven times, and I have made friends closer than anyone I've grown up with. I'm also disabled, and as a disabled person in Norway, I'm used to people seeing the wheelchair and not the person. And Ireland is actually the first place I've visited where I feel like people see me and treat me like an equal human being.

My dream is to move to Ireland, and I've spent a lot of time contemplating such a bold move. When CV-19 dawned upon us all, I realised that I need to do this for myself. I deserve to be happy, and I'm happy when I'm in Ireland.  :)

Hey! So I have dual nationality with UK and Ireland and both passports already. I'm currently living in Spain but thinking of moving to Ireland for the first time instead of returning to Scotland. I have no home address in Scotland as I'm currently travelling and also no job but I have savings to support myself.

My question is… will I be eligible for any benefits if I move to Ireland until I can find work? If not then how easy is it to find mechanical engineering jobs? I've got a lot of experience on my CV with big companies.

Thanks!

StuFitzy wrote:

Hey! So I have dual nationality with UK and Ireland and both passports already. I'm currently living in Spain but thinking of moving to Ireland for the first time instead of returning to Scotland. I have no home address in Scotland as I'm currently travelling and also no job but I have savings to support myself.

My question is… will I be eligible for any benefits if I move to Ireland until I can find work? If not then how easy is it to find mechanical engineering jobs? I've got a lot of experience on my CV with big companies.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Citizens Information Ireland has a website that contains the details of all the benefits available in Ireland; this link will take you straight there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks Cynic, very helpful.

Hello everyone,
I am glad to be a part of members and I am in interesseted in a life in Ireland. I am not prepared but I think about that. So I need details and expériences from all of you if you want share it.

Thanks !

Hello elenalc1200,

Welcome! :)

Do you have any questions in mind yet? Please go ahead and start new threads on the Ireland forum to ask them. Our members will do their best to guide you along your expat journey.  :idontagree:

I would advise you, on my part, to also go through the Living in Ireland guide to have a general idea of what an expat's life might constitute in Ireland.

All the best,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Good morning from an offshore island on the Mayo coast.

I have been in Ireland for over 24 years, Almost always West Coast. Donegal, Mayo, Kerry,  West Cork and a lesser time in Leitrim. And I moved out here into the Atlantic around six years ago. As I am retired it is easier than were I working.
Sometimes we forget that Ireland IS a foreign country, especially us English speakers. With a different culture etc

Hello Island Dweller,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks for introducing yourself here.

It's interesting for you to point out these differences since you've been an expat in Ireland for a long time now. Maybe you'll be able to help fellow expats navigate their life in Ireland...

Feel free to contribute to any recent threads on the Ireland forum if you think that you have information to provide. Do not hesitate as well to ask any questions you may have personally by starting new threads.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts. :)

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hi

Thank you for the warm and professional welcome.  I would like to accomplish my dream of working and living in a small little pub in Ireland

Hello Everyone.
Arrived in Ireland recently for a 2 year expat job. Loving it. Originally from New York City. Happy this resource is here.
Happy to support. -- Gary

Hi,
Do I understand correctly that you moved from Paris to Ireland?
I currently live near Bordeaux and I am considering moving to Ireland. I am interested in the South East region because I heard that the weather is better LOL
I am concerned about the health care plan compared to France.
Could you please give me some feedback on how it is for you other there?
Thank you very much for your time.

Hi from France,
I am considering moving to Ireland and specially interested in the South East region because I heard that the weather was less rainy LOL
What could you tell me about your experience so far?
Thank you,

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969322

Thanks!

Closed