New members of the Germany forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

hello! My name is Andrea and I'm American but I live in Munich. :) I've been an expat full time since 2006 and was in China before Germany but have also lived in Argentina, Mexico, Italy, and the UK :) I love living in Europe and feel so grateful to be here but am really looking forward to lockdown being over.

Where's everyone from? :)

I'm a transformational life coach for expats and work online, which is pretty good given the lockdown. Check out *** if you want to see more.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : No external links, pls.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, shorty i will be looking for the job as the truck driver...is it corrects way to start?
Want to clarify, your company, helping people to get a job?

Sshugali: As you are EU citizen (Irish, according to your profile, you have the right to settle and work in Germany. However, truck drivers here are predominantly from Eastern European countries (where they can be hired for lower wages) - so keep that in mind when applying for jobs and don't expect German pay!

Many thanks for an answer!!!

Hi to all :)

I am Maria from Bolivia moved here in 2017.
I am in the IT and startup industry and would love to connect.

Hi greetings everyone, ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

T Mar27: First and foremost, please do not post personal contact details here (as specified in the forum rules, which you should read)!
Please specify whether you have a German work permit (which is required for Brits since Brexit - but your profile says you are from Bangladesh?!?). If not, I am afraid you will not be able to find such a job here.
Also, how well do you speak German and what are your skills or (related) prior work experience?
And, last not least, introducing yourself only in negative terms is unlikely to make people think positively about you.

Hi Adati (pixgermany), welcome to the forum.
Why don't you start by introducing yourself in more detail: Tell a bit more about yourself, what you are doing and where you are located!

Peter Kern wrote:

can you send me your email address and we can talk better.

Thanks

Peter

Are you for real?

Hello everyone!

My name is Lisa. I lived in Berlin and graduated from Berlin American High School back in the day. I've always wanted to return but life got in the way.

I'm planning to move back in late 2022. First, I am brushing up on language skills (I speak just enough to get by). I want to move back to Zehlendorf and work in an administrative job. I have a PhD in archaeology but jobs here are very scarce. I hope to find something similar or history-related where I can use my skills as a planner or project manager. I am older than the average worker but I feel I have more to give.

I enjoy music. I play the clarinet. If anyone has any advice, I am open to hearing it. I am also open to establishing a correspondence with anyone who would like to mentor me. Thanks for welcoming me to your group. I look forward to getting to know about you and getting back to the city of my youth.

Lisa: Welcome to the forum - and good luck with your move to Berlin!

Lisa Loves Berlin wrote:

Hello everyone!

My name is Lisa. I lived in Berlin and graduated from Berlin American High School back in the day. I've always wanted to return but life got in the way.

I'm planning to move back in late 2022. First, I am brushing up on language skills (I speak just enough to get by). I want to move back to Zehlendorf and work in an administrative job. I have a PhD in archaeology but jobs here are very scarce. I hope to find something similar or history-related where I can use my skills as a planner or project manager. I am older than the average worker but I feel I have more to give.

I enjoy music. I play the clarinet. If anyone has any advice, I am open to hearing it. I am also open to establishing a correspondence with anyone who would like to mentor me. Thanks for welcoming me to your group. I look forward to getting to know about you and getting back to the city of my youth.

Probably the key to success both job and social-wise will be getting your language skills up to par. But since you grew up in Berlin, one assumes you have a comfortable foundation which puts you miles ahead of most Americans. But you should know that you will likely have to find work to establish residency. Although Americans can come for 90 out of 180 days for visa-free tourism, this gives no right to work. Germany has not become anti-American but with the development of Schengen it has become known as fortress Europe; well integrated within the EU and Schengen but harder for non-EU people to qualify for immigration.

And while I hardly know Berlin personally,  I know it has changed drastically over the last decades. Once there were many rather run down but cheap apartments but those days are over. Gentrification and heavy investment in the realty market has considerably changed the landscape and price levels for accommodation. And this in turn has changed the vibe. Of course the mere size means that it is still a cosmopolitan city but the days of lots of artistically minded people living cheap and doing their thing is mostly over. Where one would have been panhandled 5 times a day by punks, now they will be panhandled 8 times, but mostly by gypsies.

Thanks for the thorough response. I did notice the difference when I visited in 2014 during the 25th anniversary of the fall of the wall. However, somehow things still felt familiar. I'm very excited about moving back. Hopefully I can make preparations for the change.

Thank you. Danke schon.

If your question is for me, yes I'm real. No I don't send strangers my email. Let's try communicating through this site.

I sincerely apologize if I sent the wrong message. Thank you.

Lisa Loves Berlin wrote:

If your question is for me, yes I'm real. No I don't send strangers my email. Let's try communicating through this site.

I sincerely apologize if I sent the wrong message. Thank you.

I think you are responding to an earlier response to another poster.

I would mention that the changes since 2014 are also not to be underestimated. The boom in the housing market and Berlin attracting a lot of international investors and gentrification have happened since then. Also, Bulgaria and Romania have been allowed into the EU, resulting in a huge influx of people from these countries, many of them Gypsies that live on the streets. Gentrification also means that a lot of areas that were rather run down are now fairly attractive, so I'm not suggesting all of the changes are bad - just that there are many noticeable ones.

Hi I'm Anshu from Kolkata, India and I'm also planning to move to Germany. If you share your journey from India to Germany with me, it'll be a great help.

Hello everyone.
I graduated from the Belarusian State Medical University, General Medicine Faculty. I would like to work in Germany, but unfortunately I have no knowledge of the deutsch language. Please tell me if there are any programs for learning the German language in Germany. Thanks in advance!

There are, of course, many many programs to learn German in Germany.
Use Google to find the ones at your intended destination. Good luck!

Well I will definitely use your advice. Thank you!

dochoc wrote:

Hello everyone.
I graduated from the Belarusian State Medical University, General Medicine Faculty. I would like to work in Germany, but unfortunately I have no knowledge of the deutsch language. Please tell me if there are any programs for learning the German language in Germany. Thanks in advance!

Be aware that to practice medicine you need to pass a C1 level exam which is a very high level!

yes I heard about it.

dochoc wrote:

yes I heard about it.

Really? No need to spam the forums. You have been given an answer.

Good eveing mam/Sir my self mukul pal
i am looking for job as a cook. My home town in india but, Now am working in dubai.

Mukulpal733 wrote:

Good eveing mam/Sir my self mukul pal
i am looking for job as a cook. My home town in india but, Now am working in dubai.

The forum is not the place to look for a job. And non-EU citizens need a degree and highly demanded skills to get a job and work visa to immigrate to Germany. Maybe an internationally  famous chef would manage, not a cook.

Okey but i am looking for chef job if posible?

Mukulpal733 wrote:

If you have the required experience (e.g. running a major restaurant in your home country or elsewhere for a few years), then you may have a chance as Tom stated above.
In that case, you should apply for jobs at suitable restaurants here.
On this forum, you can find advice about how to apply for jobs and what the visa and other formalities are. Key will be your German language skills - which level are you at now?

Yes. I have 4Year experience in hotel line, now m working five star hotel address down town in dubai so how i could find job.

Mukulpal733 wrote:

Yes. I have 4Year experience in hotel line, now m working five star hotel address down town in dubai so how i could find job.

I wish you good luck in your search!

Can you help me sir

Hello my name is Graham David Vakanawai, and I am from fiji. I'm currently living in Germany due to the lockdown from last year and I am looking for any work in Germany and rugby clubs. I am a certified welder.

Mukulpal: What help do you expect?
There is lots of advice on this forum (and elsewhere on the Internet) about how to find suitable employers, how to write good job applications, what the hiring process could look like, what the visa formalities are.
However, the really hard task of convincing the employer that you are the right person for the job, is yours and only yours to manage.
Good luck!

Maybe you can tell us which efforts you have already done to find a job: How many (and which) employers did you already apply at (and what were the results)? How did you find them? How many more (and which ones) are on your list for applications in the near future?
And, of course, most importantly: Which level is your German? Where did you learn it and do you currently still attend classes?

David Vakanawai: Welcome to the forum! Hopefully the advice given on this forum will help you to find a job soon. To find Rugby teams in your area, I think, Google is the best method.

Mukulpal733 wrote:

Being a line cook or even sous-chef doesn't make one a renowned chef. Different to working in a 5 star restaurant than running it. Hoping to get a job as a chef is different than having already done it. Employers here are more concerned with your experiences and resume rather than your dreams.

And as I wrote before, the forum is not really the place to solicit a job but its OK to ask how the procedures work.

And pleading "help me" is useless. What we can offer is advice. And to get good advice one  needs to post specific detailed questions including a clear picture of your skills and experience. Saying one is desperate or really really wants to immigrate don't help at all; what you have to offer is whats relevant. And you have failed to answer the fundamental question about what level your German language is. Avoiding tough questions will not lead to useful advice.

TominStuttgart wrote:

Employers here are more concerned with your experiences and resume rather than your dreams.

I like that quote - so true. Thanks, Tom!

Hi, I am kenneth from Nigeria. I am looking for agricultural jobs that will enable me relocate to Germany. Kindly, dm me.

Kenneth: Unfortunately, there are very few agricultural jobs that allow non-EU-citizens to get a German work permit and visa. Do you have a university degree in that topic, or similar?

Greetings to all!!!

My name is John and I am Canadian and my wife is Germany.  Last summer, we decided to moved to Berlin after living in Beijing for over 10 years.  We are nicely settled now and its time for me to connect with the community and look for work, smile.   

I ran my own successful business the past 20 years in Canada and China and am very versatile in all tasks.  I would like to offer my service to anyone or company and support/help you grow.

If you are interested, please drop me a message and we can have a chat and see what happens. 

Cheers,

John

Hello everyone; new to the forum. I  live in the US and hae an interest in moving to Germany. I grew up there due to my father being in the American Army. I really miss it. I have an established career as a nurse and from thing that I am seeing it is difficult to become a nurse in Germany from the US. I have my master`s degree in Health Informatics as well. I have so many quetions about preparing for a move to Germany for me and my husband, finding a job, and a place to live.  I look forward to talking here on the forum.  Nice to meet everyone!!!

Holly: Welcome to the forum!
It is very uncommon for a degree holder to work as a nurse - and the pay (which isn't great for nurses in Germany anyway) would not reflect this education.
Furthermore, it is of course essential that a nurse can converse very well with patients and doctors. Is your German at C1 level or higher? If not, you will have to work on that!
But with good language skills, your job chances are very good, due to a shortage of skilled nurses. There are also jobs in medical IT (my wife works in that field), a few even in niches where English is sufficient.
You are welcome to post all your questions about moving to Germany on this forum as well!

Closed