New members of the France forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

ElizabethinUSA wrote:
STEFFIFI wrote:

And where will you moving? Some towns in France become more and more unsafe, above all big cities...

Clermont-Ferrand

Ah, it is ok :) The region is beautiful with the vulcanos and middle mountains ;) But plan warm clothes. Auvergne is probably the coldest French region the winter ;)

@  lisa897 :

Welcome  to Expat.com :)

If you want to participate on our forum, please feel free to go through the various threads in the France forum and share your knowledge.

However, if you have questions to ask on expatriation, you can launch a new thread in the France forum and members will then share their information with you.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Hi I'm english/dutch (have EU paspoort) now living in France to look after my father. I am learning french and trying to get involve with the french but with the Covid it is very difficult talking with a mask. I need to look for a job as I cannnot get any support financially while looking after my father. Maybe someone here knows more about the system. I am signed in the Pole Emploi, have a security number and a letter from the doctor that I need to support my father. I am also here to meet other expats and change ideas or topics. Hopefully in the near future we can all just meet without restrictions!

I think it is hard for many people to get by right now ... many locals lost their jobs because of covid ...

Try teaching with Cambly.com or another online teaching hub. Pm me*** if you would like info and maybe a recommendation? Great you're caring for your Dad <3

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange your contact details by using the private messaging system please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You are allowed to work anytime in France, as long as you are a French and tax resident so first thing is to register in: Pôle emploi  office and fill your résumé there. Or search among French companies that provide online English teaching in France.

Bonne chance

Henri Stref wrote:

As far as you are concerned, will you be working only remotely at home as a digital worker in France under your current American contract? In this case you should not proceed with any registration at the French authorities for working in France.

I'll be pleased to inform you further according to your answers.

Henri

Henri, thank you! I will take the suggestion to start a new topic about my work situation and I will try to answer your questions to see if you and others can help.

Most welcome...!

Hello Everyone,

I was born and raised in the Caribbean, move to England at age 23, worked for a multinational company and was seconded to Nigeria 3 years ago. My husband is French and we came to Marseille for Christmas holiday and due to Covid, I am locked down in Marseille working remotely and would like to meet some English speakers!

If there is anyone out there who is interested in meeting up at a park on one of these lovely sunny day in Marseille, I am happy to do so!

Regards
Anniesa

Hello,
I am a Belgian and Brussels citizen who will be retiring early in one year in May 2022.
I would like to come and live in France in Indre et Loire to live my retirement

At the moment, I have just collected a little documentation on the subject and I hope to be able to go and do some exploration for the purchase of a flat or a single-storey house, as soon as the health situation allows it

See you soon for more news

Muriel

Hello all,

My name is Michael. Been living and working in Cambridge in the UK for quite some time.
I will relocate to Bordeaux in the next three years. Currently at the planning stage.

Looking forward to getting to know the site and benefitting from the knowledge shared on the forum.

Best Regards,
Michael

Bonjour,

France is a beautiful place and good luck with your retirement.

merci Louise

Hi and Happy 2021! Hope you are all well :)

I'm looking to move to France this year if possible.  Aiming to live in the Grenoble area and enjoy the beautiful scenery and lifestyle. I hope to be able to visit Grenoble some time this year and do more foot on the ground research and searching (especially for accommodation) but that depends very much on the developing COVID situation.

Currently Im working in *** as se. Web marketing Executive.

Kind regards,

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : No advertising on the forum please.

Hello!

My name is Claudia, I am from Germany and I have been living in Paris for a few years now. I really love this city  :)

In the meantime, I am even working as a relocation agent myself, because I don't want others to have the same problems as I did back then.

If you are interested, you can find me at gate-to-paris.com.

I wish all of you a great time!

You love Paris??? Really? You like all its garbages, its violence, its deliquency, etc???

Bonjour, So glad you are happy Best wishes Louise

@SteffiFi

Imagine, I like Paris. Of course, garbage and crime only exist here...

HI; My name is Bertrand I'm a Canadian who wishes to live in Paris, perhaps even do residency.
What my immediate questions are as follows. Weather to purchase a apartment right away or to to wait, (it seems everyone waits for awhile). What i was going to do is sell my business  and spend most of my time in Paris. Then some in Canada. I would like  to do business investment  to assist in residency?
I watch quite a few YouTube walking tours on areas for  likely areas for residences. Now i had the idea
of a residence  with a private apartment. and a couple of rental units  can you rent  units in most residential areas ? I watched many videos on the above and get as many answers. undoubtedly  there are more necessary questions, i would like to take care of the residence first.

please reply to [link moderated]     a reply would be greatly appreciated  thanks

Hi,

What do you mean with relocation agent?:)

Hii All,

I'm Anoop from India, a textile technology graduate. I looking for textile related jobs on abroad.

Thank you,
Anoop v

anoopvmohanan98 wrote:

Hii All,

I'm Anoop from India, a textile technology graduate. I looking for textile related jobs on abroad.

Thank you,
Anoop v

Hello,

Many textile company are in Asia and Africa, actually or work with Asian/African factories...

Hi, just found out about this forum. We moved to Northern France 5 years ago from California. Always looking forward to chatting/meeting other english-speaking persons !

Hi midel62, I hope you don't mind my curiosity, I just wonder if it is complicated for a US citizen to stay in France legally ...

Hi I m Tod I m French I speak little English... where are u now ?

Hi, midel62. I moved from California to Strasbourg a little over 2 years ago and also love it here, but I miss speaking and hearing English! That's why I joined this group.

Hi vsam, well it's easy if you have a visa, I'm not sure of any other to stay in France.

@rodbz22 we moved to a little city outside of Lille, we were actually taken aback by the real estate prices in Lille so ended up 30 min outside of the city so we could buy something. Where are you ?

Oh Strasbourg is probably our favorite city in France (tied with Annecy I'd say), we try and go at least once a year and sometimes twice (for the xmas market). Alsace is so beautiful. But we miss speaking English as well, where we are now (outside of Lille) there aren't many foreigners and none who speak English.

vsam wrote:

Hi midel62, I hope you don't mind my curiosity, I just wonder if it is complicated for a US citizen to stay in France legally ...

Like every nationality, you need to find a job. So, you need to be high-skilled/graduate and for some areas, French is mandatory.

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the France forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in France if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

My name is Rachel. My husband, Chris, is a glassblower and we moved to Lodeve in 2003 with our two children. They've now grown up and have chosen to study at English universities. I am a writer, but I also make jewellery which I sell on French street markets (covid willing) along with my husband's glass. I generally write fiction, but ten days ago published a memoir about our rather unconventional - and often traumatic - lives in France, under the title: Blown out of Proportion - Misadventures of a Glassblower in France.

It is nice to be here. I wish I'd known about this site years ago.

Hi!
My name is Ulisses, Brazilian but graduated in the US. I have served the militaries in different occasions.
Now, I work for a specialized rescue company in Brazil, but am living in Marseille, France.
I have always loved the country, but in all my staying here in the past, people around me would only like to speak in English.
My great frustration is not being able to learn French, although I can read and write ok!
Making friendships with people of the same values and interests is my main goal here.
I love cooking, outdoors sporting, horses, traveling and dining with interesting people.
It's really hard to make friendships here with both men and women.
Here's my whatsapp number just in case:

Regards,

Ulisses

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging.

Hi, Julien,

What's the best way to post my introduction? It wasn't obvious from the page. Should I simply reply to your post?

Thanks.

Bob

Hello Bob,

On behalf of Julien and the Expat.com team, welcome!

You may indeed reply to the first post of this thread. Go ahead and introduce yourself. :)

Best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi. I'm trying to find a old girlfriend from Marseille. . Her name is est Gillian . We met in Birmingham UK in 1980. . A very long time ago . We were both Teenagers then. .  I remember her father was British Born from Merseyside I recall. .  Gillian was on a student exchange back then and stayed with a family in Kiddiminster which is in Worcestershire .  What are the chances she is still in Marseille. ?  .  Can anyone recommend who I could turn to  . ?  Would be fantastic . Thank you. Dean

Thanks, Diksha!

Hi, Julien,

My name is Bob and I moved from the San Francisco Bay Area with my two cats to Strasbourg at the end of February 2019. I am a dual-national (American-Italian), so my Italian passport allows me to live indefinitely anywhere in the EU without having to go through the usual bureaucratic hoops, like visas.

I'm living with my girlfriend Dominique, who has helped me immensely in getting settled (especially in getting my carte de sejour and carte vitale). I've been a francophile for many years and am now in the process of translating into English and annotating all twelve albums of the songs of Georges Brassens. It's a work that's been in progress since 2007 and will be the first English translation of all 138 songs. Since this is the centenary of Brassens' birth, I thought it would be a good idea to finish up. If you're a fan of Brassens' music and poetry, look forward to my Web site with the translations.

I also host a blog, ***, where I talk about my experiences while living in this wonderful country and amazing city.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please post your blog in the blog directory.

We moved to a lovely place near Issoire, Auvergne and we absolutely love it. People have been so kind and forgiving of our attempts to speak French.
Have fun finding a place that suits your personality 👍

Thanks for your attention

regards.

Roda

Hello all
I am from Iraq looking to find a job in France, it does not matter in which city it is. I speak, read and write both Arabic and English. I have good experience in translation, general management, time management, Badging Officer and computer. I drive all kinds of vehicles. I want to work full time to move to France, the country of beauty, freedom and civilization.

Roda Maamori wrote:

Hello all
I am from Iraq looking to find a job in France, it does not matter in which city it is. I speak, read and write both Arabic and English. I have good experience in translation, general management, time management, Badging Officer and computer. I drive all kinds of vehicles. I want to work full time to move to France, the country of beauty, freedom and civilization.

Hello,

Sorry, but without French it si impossible to find a job. Moreover, you don't have a specific skill that French people and European citizens don't have...

We have 6M of unemployed and 10M of precarious workers... Also, we have a lot of social problems, currently, a lot of attacks against police and people and now between communities, some associations want remove the French culture and history, the nationalist party is leading at one year of presidential elections, the country is divided...

The quiet and free France doesn't existe anymore since many years...

Closed