New members of the Denmark forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Denmark forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Denmark if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everyone,

I'm Neil, I'm moving with my wife to Aalborg in March. I'm currently in Montreal but I'm British and she's American. We're moving lock stock and barrel to a country that we've never visited (I went to Legoland in Billund when I was 11 but that was 32 years ago so I don't really count that as all I remember is finding a football on the street and a car backfiring and my dad thinking we were being shot at).

I expect I'll have a lot of questions as we get closer to the date, but I'll post them on the forum where it makes sense to.

Moving back across the Atlantic in a pandemic... in the back end (and worst bit) of winter in Canada... sure, why not?

Hello everyone.

My name is Lucas. I live in Malmö. I am working in a company which has online underwear store. I have been working from Sweden for 10 months now. But they are encouraging me to move to Denmark, Helsingør. They are saying that I should work in their office there. Malmö is not that far from Helsingør so I am thinking that idea is not that bad. Of course I should wait at least a month for Covid-19 situation to get better. I hope to get answers in this forum about living in Denmark.

Hello Neil & Lucas,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for introducing yourselves and sharing your future plans in Denmark with the community. :)

Do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have by creating new threads on the Denmark forum.

Our members will gladly help you. ;)

Since both of you are in the early stages of planning your move, looking through the Living in Denmark guide can also be a good way to get started on doing some research and gathering information to help facilitate it. I would strongly recommend that you do so.  :idontagree:

Best of luck,

Diksha

Hello everyone,

I am Gilles, from Paris,  I've always dreamed about living in Denmark, I am very attracted by the way of life of the Danish people.
I have so many question to ask, and so much interrogation before my start, I'm sure of that I am at the best place to find the answers !
Thanks you for your help !

Hello
My wife and me are going to move to Denmark. My wife is a nurse and I'm a programmer, I need help with which city in Denmark is suitable for living for us depends on our profession. I mean the city with good opportunity as our jobs and low cost for living.

Thanks

Hi,
I'm Flore. I'm French and I've been living in Denmark for 3 years already. Before that I was in London. I'm joining this forum because it's becoming clear to me that as a long-term expat I have to figure out pension and banking questions that feel complicated, and that I've been sweeping under the carpet. I am hoping to learn from other expats' experience.

Hello fantastic_flore,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to create a new tread on the Denmark forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hello guys newbie here. I'm currently living in Aarhus. I been living at aarhus for more that six months now. :)

Warm regards to all. I, Anjan, am coming to Denmark from India in the month of August with my family [wife, daughter and a pet dog]. My job location is in Albertslund, Copenhagen. I will really be thankful if anyone could guide me for accommodation  which allows pet and International school nearby. Lots of Thanks!

Hello anjanm85,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Since you are looking for information about international schools, I would advice you to create a new thread on the Denmark forum for more visibility.

For the accommodation part, you could create an advert with all the required criteria such a pet friendly in the Housing in Denmark section.

I would also like to invite you to have a look at the Living in Denmark guide;)

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hello I am new I Aarhus I am from France and I working as the hairdresser in Aarhus C.
Would like to meet some people .
Soraya Mouritzen

Hi i am soraya Mouritzen arrived In denmark on october 2020.
I am French and hairdresser. I rent a chair In Aarhus C and i am mobile hairdresser too.
I had a hard time to find a job when i just arrive because of the corona first all places was closing and after was the language barriere. I decided to be my own boss as I was for 15 years already in france and in Senegal, because I lived 11 years in Africa and I have 2 hair and nails studios there.
I am really open to meet people who like me just arrive here. But the best advice to give to someone who want live here it s to learn the language and it will be more easy people will be more helpful to u for sure.
I like to be here and find a danish people very nice  and a easy live here as everything is easy

I am planning to live and work in Denmark. I request that how it is possible.

@ bravovk12 :

I would advise you to create a new thread in the Denmark forum, to introduce yourself properly and to ask all your questions.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Hi every one, am son a Ugandan living in Dubai, Am looking forward to travelling to Denmark. with visit visa i would like to know if it will be possible to find a job an change my visa status to residence thanks

Hello all! My name is Ken, I am moving to Aarhus with my wife and daughter, for a job at the University. Looking forward to it, a week left! See you all over there in some or another way.

Best of luck

How did you get the job... Was lookng for a job abroad, btw congrats for the employment.!!

yeah you can find a job over here

Hi all
I was born in Senegal but I've been living in Europe (France and Germany) for more than 10 years now.
I accepted a job in Copenhagen and I'll be moving there soon.
Cheers

Hello all! My name is lovekesh, I am moving to denmark with my wife , by profession i m dentist and i m from pakistan . any pakistani or indian dentist work as dentist in denmark so plzz contact me i need ur guidance and help
Thankyou

Hi, I'm Béatrice from the south of france. My fiancé is danish and moved from CPH to France for me. Now, we have a 2yo son and we want to offer him the best nordic aducation and way of life. We plan to move to Danmark within 2 years. Judland is our goal. We want to buy a farm close to the sea and not too far from Aarhus, Horsens.
I'm Personal Trainer and my fiancé is a Chef. If you have advice in whatever way, I'll take them!

Thanks in advance

Hi,I am Kazim from Pakistan and a GP DOCTOR working with the Ministry of health Oman. I am planning to work in Oman. Any doctor from Pakistan who is settled or going to be settled in Denmark please contact. I need  guidance if anyone can.Thanks

Hello everyone. My name is Susan Munangagwa. I am a retired nurse living in Zimbabwe. I am 61 years old. I would like to live and work in Denmark for a while. I am requesting anyone who needs a child minder/baby sitter to consider me for a while as it takes a long time to register on the Health boards. I can pay for my flight.
Regards

Hello everyone,

I'm Mir from Germany and going to be living in Hillerød from November on. I am moving to Denmark to be with my boyfriend and fortunately, I'm able to keep my remote job in Germany until March. This is something I am extremely grateful for, since finding a job in Denmark in my field of work (teaching) is impossible without speaking Danish. I would, however, love to find a job in Denmark as it would help me learn the language and to integrate better. Any advice on how to find a job when your Danish is at Bagedyst-with-subtitles-level would be highly appreciated, I tried at over a hundred places so far (I wish I was joking). But overall I think that Denmark is a beautiful place and I'm looking forward to living here :)

Hello Mir,

I hope there are work opportunities still waiting to be found, and that it won't be too long before you secure a job in Hillerød.  :idontagree: 

To improve your chances of finding a job, please go ahead and start a new thread on the Denmark forum to ask for advice.

Good luck,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hiiiiii how are you good morning

You're going to leave Canada!

I would think twice about it. If you are basing your decision on what you have read or seen on the TV I would question your reasoning. The world has been brainwashed into believing that all the Scandinavian countries are the best in the world. Sorry, they are not. I will not waste time telling you about the problems a foreigner can experience here, but if you were up to date on Danish politics, race relations, and the history of the country you might think twice.
Some years ago the American ambassador was interviewed by the press on his last day in Denmark. He said that Danes were 50 to 70 years behind the times when it came to integration. I was the picture editor on a national daily newspaper here and can talk for hours on all the negative and critical things that never got published. Finally, I will just leave you with this, I am English born and bred, but my surname is Polish and that has been the source of countless racist experiences.

I wish you luck.

Julian Radzik.

Please email me, I would like to pick your brain about a few things.  ***
Secondly... I'm a born and raised Canadian and trust me... ALOT of people are leaving Canada because it's rapidly becoming a Communist country.  Cost of living has gone up about 200% in the last 3 years alone. The Trudeau government has put Canada 1.7 trillion$ in debt in the last 5 years.  It's getting VERY VERY bad here

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You cannot write your email address here for security reasons, so any questions will have to be written here.

Julian.

Hi everyone,

I would kindly like to ask for your help to guide me.

I have 25 years of expertise in top global FMCG companies, climbing up the career ladders vertically. You can check my Linkedin profile for details.

I am currently looking for an opportunity in Scandinavian countries, especially in Denmark and Sweden. I don't have a current valid working visa but I can apply on my own costs.

Applying through Linkedin job postings does not seem to work as I can see. Should I better get an outplacement consultancy?

Looking forward to getting your advices. I have also attached my resume.

Kind regards,
Cem

Can anyone explain me, how a Non-EU person whose job applications are always refused because of not having work permit can get a work permit without having a job in Denmark?

This is totally viscious circle. You can not get a work permit without a job and without a work permit there is totally no way you can get a job.

No one could explained how but I am sure there is someone out with the light. 

Kind regards,
Cem

ihsancemokur wrote:

Can anyone explain me, how a Non-EU person whose job applications are always refused because of not having work permit can get a work permit without having a job in Denmark?

This is totally viscious circle. You can not get a work permit without a job and without a work permit there is totally no way you can get a job.

No one could explained how but I am sure there is someone out with the light. 

Kind regards,
Cem

A lot of employers will rather employ Danish citizens and EU citizens than people outside the EU because they do not need to do any paperwork, i.e. applying for work visas.
You just keep on trying and hope for luck.

Thank you for the super fast reply. It would be better to have the same chance and same equal conditions but as I could understand, there is not. I can neither say there is discrimination nor equality.

Wish I could tell hiring managers that I could deal and pay for all the paper work and work permit processes.

Anyway, your help is really appreciated, thank you.

Cem

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969283

Thanks!

Closed