New members of the Bermuda forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bermuda forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Bermuda if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

First of all I am Angelito Francisco who wishes you a good day. I am a seaman and I have also been working on a ship for almost 17 years. All the ships I boarded were full of passengers Here I educated my children, But my youth has a limit, When you work in passenger ships you have to prepare yourself for heavy work and here how many months your contract and so on You come in without a dayoff and it takes 15 to 17 hours of work, no overtime because you have to finish your work. With the weight of the work on the ship, what I always have in mind is my family, I hope I finish my contract for them, I endured it over and over again until the point came that your mind could but your body could no longer do the work on the ship. I am not buying a job for the sake of my family, at this time My three children are still studying. During my 17 years on the ship, I didn't have any savings because my income there was not enough, just right for their daily needs. I love my family very much. I thought I'd venture to Bermuda to work, In my experience in cooking, I can't say that I am perfect but I already know a lot about cooking, I am an international cook and I have also had some awards in cooking. I hope the website can help me this is to fulfill my dream of being able to work in a hotel or restaurant in Bermuda I am very grateful to you that I hope you will help me

Hi all,

I'm Ram from India. I'm planning to apply for the 'Work from Bermuda' certificate program. I'll be coming as a student as the program allows students too.

Could anyone let me know about the cost of living as I'm new to this?
Also, where to look for accommodation and other stuff.

I sent an inquiry mail to Bermuda government but couldn't get back from them. Can someone help me on this?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969253

Thanks!

Closed