New members of the Aruba forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Aruba forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Aruba if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everyone!

My family and I are looking to move to Aruba, hopefully within the next year.   Are there things for kids to get involved in,  what are best options for schools?  What is needed to be able to work there?)
Thank you for any info!

Thank Julien,

My wife and I are considering a large move as we enter into retirement and Aruba is a destination at the top of our list for researching.  We will be leaving Colorado, USA.  I look forward to monitoring this post to gain insight, and perhaps find people to visit as we travel to the area, and seek more about becoming a permanent resident.

Hi. I'm planning to come to Aruba. How friendly are Arubans? Is it difficult to get job in Aruba as an expat? How's the weather there?

Thank you.

Hi Meloman,
I currently live in San Diego, California. I was born in Venezuela  till I was 12 years old. We moved to Australia then London. My parents  retired in Mexico and have passed away now. I am turning 66 soon and want to retire in Aruba perhaps. I cannot afford to live in San Diego on my social security. I have a spa here , where I do therapeuic rehab massage and skin care.

I would like to know where Aruba gets its water, since it doesn't  rain there or have rivers? Is it sent in by freight or are there under ground wells? I like mango, trees banana trees, flowers and Plumeria trees. If there were no more imports due to war or other catastrophic possibilities and we were  totally isolated could we survive?
Thank you.
Kindly,
Valerie

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969241

Thanks!

Closed