Belgian nationality

I have a question about applying for nationality hope someone can advice me.
Today I applied for nationality but they want certificate for Nederlands which I have but it's deel certificate.
The school can only provide a certificate /diploma after I have successfully finished level 6. Now am in level 5.
I have 2 Belgian children, married to a Belgian who works for the government and am also full time employed by the city.
Am applying for nationality through my kids. The lady accepted my file saying I might get a -ve if I don't have the certificate.
I have read that every situation is different, have asked intergration lawyers and they say the same. I have also read somewhere when applying through kids I don't even need the certificate as long as I have socially integrated.
Someone please advice as am now very confused I have spent a lot of money getting those papers to Belgium.

There're multiple options about the language eligibility check.
* Belgian Diploma from high school (6th superior).
* European diploma in NL/FR/DE with at least A2 level.
* Language certificate with at least A2 level
* Job (Training) (400 hours lessons)
* Parcours d'intégration / integratie pad

But if you've been working the last 5 years without any gap, you won't have to show proof of your language level. There's also another exception, such as if you're born in Belgium, then no language check too. Disabled people / retired do not also require knowledge in one of our 3 official languages.

Hi Alex!
I have been working for the last 7 years the only time I didn't work was when I was pregnant with my 2 babies. I don't have the A2 because before I got my Id I was illegal for 2 years so I learnt Dutch through friends whom I lived with.
So when I got married I didn't have to do level 1 and 2 I just did an exam to see which level to start with and I immediately started level 3 am now busy with level 5.

Hello,
then it's pretty basic:

If you did work the last 5 years without any gap then you don't need a certificate.
Else you need a certificate with at least the European A2 level or your request will be denied.

So basically am good with whatever I presented in city hall right?

Update.
Today I got a letter saying my request for nationality has been accepted. Thanks everyone for your answers.

Hii jacii how long it take after you made your declaration 3 or 4 months?

Hi Sandeep,
I applied January 4th. I got my letter today and on it the decision was made on 09/04.
Basically in 3 months and a few days.

Thats great i just want to know if any police come to your house or they call you to the police station

Very Happy For You @Jaci

Sandeep!
3 weeks after submitting my papers and file accepted. The policeman came in the morning. He went round the house asking questions, my husband went round with him.
He came to me and asked questions like
My religion?
Do I practice it?
My Dutch till what level?
My work?
Children?
Our house for rent or we both own it?
How much water bill?
How many languages I speak?
What are my hobby's?
It only took 30min and he was friendly had a little conversation.
That was it.

Dank u wel

Hii jacii thank you for reply
It was a surprise visit or they notify you before ? because i work all day

It was a surprise visit. Luckily we had just come from my country so we were in quarantine. He came on a Sunday.
We were actually surprised because we thought he was here to control if we are still in quarantine.

Very well thankss jacii

You welcome. Be patient and it will be ok. Good luck.

Hello jaci
How you know your after 3 weeks your file accepted even I'm 3 weeks it's difficult to know?
I applied 14/01/21. And still waiting even I didn't receive any second letter from commune.and I asked again to my commune they said you file has been send to public prosecutor office 18/01/21 but they said in 2021 you have to wait 6 months and side you got answer in 3 months strange🙃

Ak Kash wrote:

Hello jaci
How you know your after 3 weeks your file accepted even I'm 3 weeks it's difficult to know?
I applied 14/01/21. And still waiting even I didn't receive any second letter from commune.and I asked again to my commune they said you file has been send to public prosecutor office 18/01/21 but they said in 2021 you have to wait 6 months and side you got answer in 3 months strange🙃

Some files might be processed quicker so the OP might just have been lucky. Mine took exactly 5 months but I applied in Oct 2020. In 2021 they extended the deadline to 6 months.
6 months is just maximum indication. You have to wait till 18/06 the latest. If no registered letter until 18/06, on 19/06 you are Belgian :)

Thank you so much but It's surprised  that she got answer in 3 months but I hope I will also get good news in few days but during Covidd-19  everyone working from home. So world are depends on hope.

Hi,
I applied mine 04/01 and the lady at city hall told me she is gonna forward my file to brugge and 3 weeks later the police came for control. Things here go fast example in most city halls when you apply for a new Id you told to wait 2 weeks in my city you get it in 5 working days.

Hii ak
Did police came to check you at home?

sandeep Maniani wrote:

Hii ak
Did police came to check you at home?

Yes, and there will be a small talk in Dutch or French (not sure about German though)

No one police come to check till now just waiting and waiting last week there was a company working front of my door and I park my car front of my door and early morning police call me and said move out your car bcoz company Contact me via police they call me and said what language you speak as I said NL they said you have to move your auto then I said I live in front of there so I'm coming down to move my auto with in one min that's all nothing more.

Hi jaci
Your case is little different according to my opinion and got some extra luck so I appreciate 👏beside I'm also waiting and 19/04 is my 3 months are completed and my commune is kampenhout (vlaams brabant) I don't know what is difference between other provinces.
Let's see what will happen next.

I think all depends on the commune, I applied on 12 Nov 20. Police came between Jan end. And I am still waiting for the answer and according to the city hall. The time period is extended to 6 months for everyone not matter you applied on 2020 or 2021. So don't really know what's the exact rules. 🤔

Congrats! They had till 12/05 to refuse you and sent a registered mail.
Just wait 1 or 2 weeks more fort city hall to register you in population registry and sent you an invitation to apply for your ID. This is what happened in my case. You can also try to looking with an card reader here: https://mondossier.rrn.fgov.be
If it does not work, means they have cancelled the residence permit as you are citizen now ;)

Edigj wrote:

Congrats! They had till 12/05 to refuse you and sent a registered mail.
Just wait 1 or 2 weeks more fort city hall to register you in population registry and sent you an invitation to apply for your ID. This is what happened in my case. You can also try to looking with an card reader here: https://mondossier.rrn.fgov.be
If it does not work, means they have cancelled the residence permit as you are citizen now ;)

Thanks Edigj, I have already test in Mijn dossier. I am able to access. So let see if the process will done within few weeks. 😊

And congratulations you got your +ve answer. Proficiat.

U got it ?

You need level 1.2 or a secondary school diploma in netherlands if you are in flanders.

eliefares12 wrote:

U got it ?

Nope still waiting for the answer.. 😔

Why don't u call your commune ?

Hi

Were you on Card D/ B or F ? ... when you submitted your citizenship application..

eliefares12 wrote:

Why don't u call your commune ?

They are more faster with email so I have Already email them yesterday. Ill call next week.

expat2021 wrote:

Hi

Were you on Card D/ B or F ? ... when you submitted your citizenship application..

With F-card, I applied on 12th of November. I am just assuming my file were sent late. Which could be the reason.

Hi all,
Sorry if my question is out of the scope of this topic.

Can card D holders leave Belgium (and stay in the Netherlands), after submitting the Belgian nationality application?

I see that for my card D, the police didn't visit my home.
If necessary, I am planning to have two houses (Belgium and NL) until I wait for my citizenship application result.  Can the card D holder allowed to do this?

Thanks for sharing the info.

Did you get your nationality decision.. can you pls update?

Hi, Can anyone explain how you submitted the application.

Due to covid, I had to make an appointment in general.
I have been in contact with the concerned department by email and sending all the documents. Their general response time is 1 week. Sometimes I had to wait for 1 month. Hence, the whole process is delayed by several more months.  Is this normal to Wallonia or the same story is happening in developed Flanders and BXL ?

I called the Commune, and got an appointment with the "right" person. At that meeting I gave all she asked for. A policeman came round a couple of weeks later to check that I could communicate in the national language, and that I have some degree of integration. I was told that if there is no objection within six months (of completing the forms) I will be Belgian.
The six months will be up at the end of July.

Thanks, Michael.
I tried this way to receive an automated voice message -- they are now operating only by emails after COVID :(.
I realize a new feature on mondossier -> who consults my data.
Typically the citizen's office retrieves my histories once in a while.
So, fingers crossed to receive their email response. I hope they won't miss a 1 month response time this time..