Tourist visa extension

Does anyone know the process for extending a tourist visa in Cartagena Colombia. After being here for almost 90 days, I'd like to stay another 90.

Everything is being done online but I'm seeing more and more tourists being denied extensions,  I guess it all depends on the officer working on the specific case. Good Luck

You do it through the Migration office and it must be done before the first ninety expire or you are considered to be in the country illegally.

Just go to the local Migraciones office a few days ahead and pay

Hi,
Can you tell me please if there is a migraciones office in Medellin.
Thank you

afortunado wrote:

Hi,
Can you tell me please if there is a migraciones office in Medellin.
Thank you

https://migracioncolombia.gov.co/region … -antioquia

Cl. 19 #80A-40, Medellín, Antioquia

Use search on Google maps to find just about anything.
Claro.

Thank you very much for your helpful reply, much appreciated

I went on line  to extend my tourist 'stamp'......https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/registro/public/formularioRegistro.jsf

and got a number at the end of the process I got a very long number but did not get sent to a payment page.  Does anyone know if this is normal right now, maybe due to a backlog?

I was told that the payment request would be emailed to you but I have not received anything for two days

thank you very much.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hi have have just been informed by a consultant that the web site is having problems .  You need to contact Migration Colombia.  If you can keep any evidence that you attempted to start the process online and ontime.

Just got my 90 day extension on my tourist visa from the Colombian Migracion office in Manizales today.
Took about 30 minutes and cost 103,000 pesos on my visa card.
At first they didnt want to help me and kept saying I should go on line.
Then I showed them a screenshot of my application for renewal done 1 week ago.  They then were polite, cooperative, and relatively quick.

I'm late to the game, but I could not extend my tourist visa in Pereira migracion office.  They directed me to the website and said that was the only way to do it.

Looks like others had luck in different offices.

I don't see how this could be done online if they need to stamp your passport to do it.