How can i move to Saigon Vietnam?

Hi all.
I'm Ali Zubair from Pakistan. I'm 42 years old single.
My education status is B.A. I want to move Saigon Vietnam.
Anyone there help me ??

Right now almost nobody is being allowed into Vietnam, unless they have a skillset that is in extremely high demand and there aren't enough in the native population, or they are high value business investors. I doubt the government will change its mind about this until a significant part of the world's population has been vaccinated and the pandemic is well under control in the US and Europe.   I wouldn't expect that before September of 2021...

Thank you doctor groove for the message.

I'm more or less in the same situation.

I want to move to Saigon and i wonder what they mean with "expert". I'm a high skilled software engineer with +10 years of experience. I currently have a job that allows me to work remotely from anywhere.

I have tried to apply for jobs there, but usually they don't want to hire european people as they cannot compete with USA / European salaries...

Do you think it can be an option with that profile? I'm also looking for creating an startup for a project i'm working on, so maybe this can be an option to get there in case i cannot apply for an expert visa.

Thanks!

If there are Vietnamese citizens who can do what you're doing, whether it's software, cooking, nursing, doctoring -- or whatever -- you are going to have a very hard time getting a work visa. Those have to have, as I understand it, a request from an employer.

This is why so many expats are English teachers or English-speaking teachers. They are native English speakers: no Vietnamese person can possess that qualification. So if the employer can show that a non-native speaker can't do the job, the qualification stands as a gateway into the work visa and residency permit.

I know -- I had one once. :)

I don't know if this guy is full of hot air or if he knows someone who can do it.
Don't send any money if you don't feel the agent he's recommending is legit. Not sure if he's getting a cut or not either, just saw the video.

[removed: advertising]

qnbui wrote:

I don't know if this guy is full of hot air or if he knows someone who can do it.
Don't send any money if you don't feel the agent he's recommending is legit. Not sure if he's getting a cut or not either, just saw the video.

This guy says many things on You Tube some are correct & some that are not correct. He has lived here for just over a year & what he dont know is not worth knowing. He plays to an audience to boost his views & therefor his revenue from Youtube. I have questioned many of his statements & he never replies. But remember pretty much anything is possible in Vietnam or has been anyways. Its just if you get caught then the problems could start!

qnbui wrote:

As there were more than adequate warnings in qnbui's post, it is too bad that we were not allowed to evaluate the offer ourselves.  Note that he was not advertising for himself, but passing on the information for whatever we might deem it to be worth.  I know that some moderator or expert may come back and repeat the policies but this is just my opinion.

THIGV wrote:
qnbui wrote:

As there were more than adequate warnings in qnbui's post, it is too bad that we were not allowed to evaluate the offer ourselves.  Note that he was not advertising for himself, but passing on the information for whatever we might deem it to be worth.  I know that some moderator or expert may come back and repeat the policies but this is just my opinion.

No.

It's not too bad (in MY opinion).

If advertising isn't allowed (and it isn't) why would it be acceptable for anyone to share an advertisement?

Thanks go out to the busy moderators who are doing a good job of keeping (almost all) junk posts off of the forum.

Maybe in 2022 or 2023 Vietnam will open the border, keep the faith!

doctorgroove wrote:

I wouldn't expect that before September of 2021...

No way, Vietnam have not yet ordered any vaccine, Vietnamese people won't be vaccinated in September, and the virus will still continue in the rest of the world. Vietnam will open the border only when all the VN people will be vaccinated, and when Europe and USA will have 0 new case per day.
Vietnam doesn't need tourists!

Erikji wrote:

doctorgroove wrote:

No way, Vietnam have not yet ordered any vaccine, Vietnamese people won't be vaccinated in September, and the virus will still continue in the rest of the world. Vietnam will open the border only when all the VN people will be vaccinated, and when Europe and USA will have 0 new case per day.

I read an article that said Vietnam is developing its own vaccine & it will be ready in 2 years & they are in no hurry anyways, why would they be, Corona is pretty much a non event here anyway.
I dont remember where I read that article it might even have been a link on here (its an age thing) but I am sure someone on here will find it & post it.

goodolboy wrote:
Erikji wrote:

doctorgroove wrote:

I read an article that said Vietnam is developing its own vaccine & it will be ready in 2 years & they are in no hurry anyways, why would they be, Corona is pretty much a non event here anyway.
I dont remember where I read that article it might even have been a link on here (its an age thing) but I am sure someone on here will find it & post it.

Not quite two-years.

Vaccine

acampoh wrote:

I want to move to Saigon and i wonder what they mean with "expert". I'm a high skilled software engineer with +10 years of experience. I currently have a job that allows me to work remotely from anywhere.

The jobs that I have heard identified as expert for purposes of entry are:
- Korean factory mechanics with knowledge to maintain critical Korean factory machinery
- Flight crews
- Medical doctors
- There were a couple English teachers that came in with help of employers  :/

A digital hobo works for and pays taxes to a foreign entity, only contributing living costs to the economy, like a tourist. Sorry no exemption.  :(

acampoh wrote:

I'm more or less in the same situation.

I have tried to apply for jobs there, but usually they don't want to hire european people as they cannot compete with USA / European salaries...

Any particular reason you want to move to Saigon? It's not a particularly great place to live even within VN. You should be researching other countries that are actually open and welcome digital nomads.

A digital hobo works for and pays taxes to a foreign entity, only contributing living costs to the economy, like a tourist.

Sounds more like a pensioner/retiree.

STUFF-A duck, what are they thinking, economy will be worthless. Of course unless China offers a Loan, hihihihih. there seems to be some fear of vaccines out there also

Even  when the world's population has been vaccinated Viet Nam will be lagging behind, at this time they are still only doing front line workers with every one else having to pay. Can you imagine the trouble that will cause for your home country letting you travel to such a high risk country. Farmers simply can not afford the cost and to lock tourists away for 21 day quarantine simply wont cut the mustard