Apartment (long term lease) in Les Berges du Lac 1

Hi, I'm Eileen, and I'll be moving to Tunis on 15 February. I'm trying to find an apartment for long term lease (at least a year) in Les Berges du Lac 1. Please let me know if you can recommend a website, or a contact person for this.

I've checked AirBnB and found out it's difficult to find apartment for long term lease in AirBnB. I've checked this site too, and found a place I really love in Jardin de Carthage. I heard it is 25 minutes away from my office (at 6، Lac du Bourget), and I don't know if there's safe public transportation and how much it'll cost.

I only speak English, and my French is really poor. Seeking advice if the Lessors in Tunis are probably able to speak English.

You will find some who speak English, but don't be afraid. You will find it difficult in the first place, and after that, everything will not improve

May I know the annual lease cost for small apartment with 1 bedroom, kitchen and toilet, fully furnished in the city center of Tunis?

You have plenty off choices in berges du lac. I stayed for 2 months in a 2 bedroom furnished apartment close to international offices and shopping. I had found it through airbnb.
You can start with airbnb and find a long term furnished through agents. In lac 1 you have the agency of tecnocasa. They have english speaking agents. They  charge 1 month rent as commission if they find you a long term lease of 12 months. You can negotiate down but this is the standard.
Sometimes airbnb owners are also willing to rent long term especially because tourism industry has slowed down due to C19.
Also check out the site www.mubawab.tn. you can filter and find options.
Good luck

Jardin de carthage is also 15 minutes at keast by car. Public transport can be very crowded at peak times. You can take taxis including ones you can call using taxi hailing apps like bolt.
I have not taken taxi from berge du lac to carthage but compared to other cities, taxis are relatively cheap.

City center or berges du lac? Look atbthe mubawab website and it will give you an idea. Prices in berges du lac can be as high as 1500-2000 for furnished without utilities.

Hi Eileen

Welcome to Tunisia. If you're considering having a roommate, please don't hesitate to contact me.
I am looking for a new appartment too.
Am a late 20s female.  Into yoga, relaxing, and a cat person. Has late shifts sometimes. 
I am sociable and trilingual. I can show you around.
kind regards.

hi mora

im interested

@aymeen1

Mora is looking to share an apartment with another female.

ok i understand :)

@stumpy correct. thank you.

@aymeen1 sorry.

Hi Mora, sorry I just read this message.  Really nice to know you, btw! :) I'm really happy to know that you've found a nice place. I'll transfer to Tunis on 15 February, and perhaps will try to find an AirBnB for  a month, while trying to find a permanent place.

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@yasminyasmin

As advertising is not permitted on the open forum please post your offer in the housing section at the top of this page.
For personal safety (especially females) do not post contact details here on the open forum. Please use the message system for this.

i wish you have found what you looking for