Sports in Ho Chi Minh

Hi,

Can anyone tell good places to play basketball, netball or tennis? I went to some tennis courts in district 1 near the cinema but just got ripped off by the guy there. How much should it cost for these activites?

Thanks!

Hi HelsW!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

HelsW wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell good places to play basketball, netball or tennis? I went to some tennis courts in district 1 near the cinema but just got ripped off by the guy there. How much should it cost for these activites?

Thanks!

Would someone like to answer this question, please? Somewhere around D1, D3, D5 as my apartment is located in D4. Many thanks. Nancy.

Hi nancy

I don't know how much it is to play tennis or netball but if you want we play basketball every thursday and sunday in the district 3 with some expats. It's between 30.000 and 50.000vnd and we play from 7.30pm to 11pm. We will be pleased to play with you if you want to join us.

That sounds great. Where do you guys play?

Hey, finally I decided that I would join California fitness Center. I'm going to register next week. Thanks all :).

I may join u guys on Thursday or Sunday!

do u have a more precise location?

ps : Nancy, California is gym, not sport, u can do gym and sport...;)

Tennis courts outdoor swimming pool gym saunas restaurants etc all at Lan anh club, 291 cach mang thanh tam. I swim there everyday its a good place either to relax bye d pool do some good lengths and other activities happening there and very cheap. i pay for swim 30.000vnd its very close to district 1 its in district 3

Hve fun

Nassim_from_Paris wrote:

I may join u guys on Thursday or Sunday!

do u have a more precise location?

ps : Nancy, California is gym, not sport, u can do gym and sport...;)

Nassim, it would be fun to gather a group and do sports together. And I will be in the cheering team :)

Nancy

prettyboy101 wrote:

Tennis courts outdoor swimming pool gym saunas restaurants etc all at Lan anh club, 291 cach mang thanh tam. I swim there everyday its a good place either to relax bye d pool do some good lengths and other activities happening there and very cheap. i pay for swim 30.000vnd its very close to district 1 its in district 3

Hve fun

Hey,
Thanks, I went there, it's a good club. Can run at last!

Alioune33 wrote:

Hi nancy

I don't know how much it is to play tennis or netball but if you want we play basketball every thursday and sunday in the district 3 with some expats. It's between 30.000 and 50.000vnd and we play from 7.30pm to 11pm. We will be pleased to play with you if you want to join us.

Hi Alioune

Are you playing in Phan Dinh Phung club on Thur and Sun? I'm Ray

Hi Ray.
Yeah I'm playing every sunday there with my brother and other expact guys. It's exactly at Phan Dinh Phung Club. Address: 8 Vo Van Tan,. District 3.
It is 50.000Vnd to play there. I will be pleased to play with you.

you can play tennis in:

Lanh Anh International tennis club
291 Cach Mang Thang Tam, District 10,
Ho Chi Minh City
Phone: +84 8 862 7144

Le Thi Rieng Park: 875 Cach Mang Thang Tam, Dist. 10
Tel: 8626655
Dai Bac Tennis Club: 1/3B Lien Tinh 15 - Nha Be
Tel: 8733665
Green Bamboo Club: 50/3 Xo Viet Nghe Tinh, Dist. 1
Tel: 8986504

enjoy

Alioune33 wrote:

Hi nancy

Hey. Do your still welcome new comers? :)

On Sundays, you can play basketball at RMIT in District 7

Hello friends!

Is there any Squash center/club in Saigon?

thanks in advance!

stevenguyen wrote:

Hello friends!

Is there any Squash center/club in Saigon?

thanks in advance!

Landmark Saigon. ive been looking to play squash forever but it appears expensive here. too bad there is only 1 court in the whole city.

I am moving from Beijing to Ho Chi Minh city. I will arrive late March. In Beijing I have played in American Flag football, football, basketball, dodgeball leagues. Any of this exist in HCMC?

Cheers