Amsterdam - massage therapy- home office

Hi folks, this is Koray from Boston-US. I ve been a massage therapist for 4 years and I love it. I always wanted to live in Europe and finally I decided to move in somewhere in Europe. 

As you guess, I spend a lot of time on finding a best place for me and for my start up massage business.

I would like to learn if I can set up one of my house's room as a treatment room (home office)?

In us, you can not do this everywhere. some towns let you do that and some dont. actually while you can do that on the A street, but not on B street. 

Thank you for your help

Bests

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Right now is probably not the time to be contemplating this as all massage businesses in the Netherlands (if not the whole EU) are closed because of Covid.

A couple of things you can be getting on with:

To be self-employed in the Netherlands you need to work with the Kamer van Koophandel; this link will take you to their website where you can work further.  Known colloquially as the KvK, I just checked and they are also very restricted from Covid.

Reach out to your peers on LinkedIn; I just did a search and there are a couple who may be able to assist you.

Do you speak Dutch?  If not, my advice is to start learning now as it may help you.

Check that your diploma is recognised in the Netherlands; if your work is in any way related to medical practice, then it will be regulated in most of the EU, so you need to check with your examining body.  If you have no officially recognised diploma, then perhaps you need to reconsider your plans.

If you have any further specific questions, then please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team