Best Sunni practising quiet place to live in morocco

Hi I hope your all well. Me and my husband are in talks of moving to Morocco. However there are a few questions I wish to ask.

Firstly we want to know of a town/city or area that is best to live in where there are more practising Sunni Muslims, access to masaajids is easy, nearby beach, fresh fruit and veg markets etc close by and schools that are good for British children and where they do speak English ideally. (Sorry I know it's alot to ask but the closest to this as possible would be good enough)

Secondly are the schools there good for British children, what would you recommend about schooling for children etc?

Like in England vaccinations are not compulsory, is this the same in Morocco?

Are there any homeschooling rules in Morocco?

Sorry for all the questions, we have 5 young children to keep in mind also, so we want also what's best for them as it's not just about us, it is about them also.

Thank you so much for any responses. It will be greatly appreciated. We are hoping to visit in the summer holidays after ramadhan and then take things from there.  So any  help would be amazing. Thank you again.

Agadir is ideal for what you're looking for. Agadir has a beach, mosques everywhere, fresh vegetables and meat markets daily and English schools. Morocco is not like Saudi Arabia or some middle eastern countries so expect practicing and none practicing everywhere. People are dressed up as they like which could be offensive to some but that's morocco. People generally respect each other.

Brilliant thank you for that. Will look into it. And yes of course this is to be expected. And of course respect for all is very important and respected. No judgement here

I advise to go there for a 2 weeks holiday and explore the area before making any decisions. Moving to another country is a big decision and you need to get it right. I hope that this helps.

hi ! 😊
m ilyana and m currently living in moroccan in Casablanca
For me as a Moroccan citizenship i tell you don't worry about religion...
Morocco is a Muslim country and sunni are everywhere also mosques
as for city you choose to stay in ,it depends,
for example Casablanca is the economic city because it's the cheapest to stay in and also more safe than other cites but personally i prefer Agadir for its weather and also for the people there
as for school for your children, you have two choices, either choose international school means British mission school or just let them in a private school that English based , because here we have French more
if you have any more questions about living here and to not get lost , here is my WhatsApp number: *****
Moderated by Djameel 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not share contact details on the open forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

i think turkey as country is best choise

i think turkey as country is best choise

There are Muslim countries, but not a single one that practices according to the Quran, Sunnah and Islamic Sharia law- not even Saudi Arabia. They are Muslim by name and the practice is limited.

the countries that practice the quran, sunnah and islamic law don't exist in our time you can find some people who don't lost the islamic identity but their countries are in situation of war ,

@Nabbyb, hi I admire your post. I am from UK and have 9 children, alhumdollia all grown up. I was in a similar situation about 20 years ago. Wanted to take my children to an Islamic country. Alhumdollia I made a brave decision and moved to Pakistan and this was the best decision of my life and the life of my children. Alhumdollia they become good Muslims and some of them became Hafiz and Alims. Now they are all back in the UK and now I am worried about my grand children and the conditions in Pakistan have changed dramatically so I looked at Morocco and alhumdollia visited Tangier and Rabat few months ago. After doing some research I decided to move to Casablanca because the work of Dawah and the main markaz of work of Dawah is in Casablanca. From my personal experience, there are thousands of people involved in the work of Dawah and their schools or Masjids have people from all sects and also from 4 Imams, such as Shafi, Hanafi, Habali etc. I am from Birmingham in England, you are welcome to contact me so we can have a one to one chat. Inshallah I planning to visit Casablanca around June 2022 time to do more research and hope to make a final decision. Good luck and best of imaan. Dr Sarwar Khan from England

@learntcm salaam Dr Sarwar Khan.

I would be really interested in getting in touch with you regarding pakistan and Morocco. Any chance you can get hold of me. Atif Jaleel working at Roehampton uni. Jzk