The new Golden Residency Visa in UAE

Hello,
Recently in November 15th 2020, The UAE expanded the list of those who can get Golden residency visa.
Does any one know the conditions or requirements under which one can get the golden visa for PhD holders in UAE?  Does it require one to have a job offer sponsor OR not?

Please help me understand this.
Thanks.

As far I know for Golden Residency Visa you need to Invest 1M AED.

Information is easily available on the official sites:

https://u.ae/en/information-and-service … 0mainland.

You need to have an employment contract.   And it's not just a Phd that gets you that visa.  There are many criteria out of which you must meet two e.g.

Phd from top 500 universities in the world
Awards and scientific publications
10 year experience
Specialization in an area of priority for the UAE
Etc etc

Thank you XTang for the good explanation.

Does your explanation apply to the new Golden visa conditions/requirements put out by UAE on November 15? or its just the old conditions

See below:

HH Sheikh Mohammed
@HHShkMohd
·
Nov 15
Today, we approved granting the 10-year Golden Visa to all PhD holders in the UAE. Also, the Golden Visa will be granted to top graduates from UAE-accredited universities with a GPA of 3.8 and above.

If you go to the site and look, at the bottom, it says last update was on 23rd Nov 2020 so I would assume that everything has been factored in.  If not, then it will be done later. 

Keep in mind that announcements and actual law has a time gap between it.  It is not law until it is published in the official gazette.  Until that happens, no one can tell you anything for sure as the rules and process is not announced beforehand.

Thank you XTang. Understood now.

For granting the golden visa, is it mandatory to have an job contract in UAE or anyone who fulfill all the requirements can apply from overseas?

Not listed explicitly but everyone who got it, is in the UAE.

How University faculty openings become available in UAE, thru recruitment agent or Uni website?

Both

Thank you XTang, how good Uni recruitment agents can be contacted, any agents name?

Google/Linkedin.  I can't give you a specific name as it is not my field.  Do your research.