New in Mauritius

Hi im Diena just arrived from South Africa. My husband is working here. Is there any charity where I can volunteer near flic en flac where i dont have to pay ? Thanks for any suggestions .

Hi Diena!

Welcome to Expat.com and Mauritius ;)

Armand

thank u very much

Welcome and karibu to Mauritius diena.Hope u will enjoy our beautiful island.

rishi

thanks so much

hey thank for you quick reply.

i landed mauritius after 11 years in africa. i work for oracle software company and now im in mauritius. i visit so many africa countries lovely like tanzania,rwanda ,kenya etc...

let have a chat ok my number 7930992.

regards rishi

Hi Diena,
My husband is working in Mau now and I join him in August, we may be living in Tamarin or Flic en Flac.

I have been looking at volunteering also, I have noted that PAWS the Dog and Cat rescue are always in need of volunteers, I shall contact them when I arrive. Their website is worth a look as there is a section for volunteers.

Kind regards

Welcome in mauritius Diena and your family!
Would be glad to meet you in expat meeting on 16 july at flic en flac.
Bye for now
Joana

Hi again,
You can also do volunteer work for MSPCA apparently as I have just been told by a lady living in Mauritius.
Regards

thanks for the info hope we meet when you arrive here

Hi everybody,

Im looking to buy a small car any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Diena!

Maybe you could try browsing the Buy and Sell section of Mauritius classifieds and post an advert eventually ;)

Hope it helps!
Armand

thanks for the tip

Hi Diena

I"m reading the posts of many new arrivals...by April 2012 I will be in your shoes!!!
How are you getting along? Did you get to volunteer at Paws? I was thinking of contacting them when I arrive...I'm sure I will have lots of questions before and after I arrive.

Enjoy your week end.