Traveling from Australia to phnom penh

Has there been any Cambodian government statements regarding the entry into the country if you have a medical certificate stating you have been vaccinated against COVID-19 and the cancellation of the $3000 or $4300 cash deposit on arrival plus the $50,000 travel insurance, vaccinations are due in Australia early next year. Thank you.

The deposit on arrival is $2000 which covers the costs of the two required tests and the compulsory two weeks quarantine in a government allocated hotel. I would not expect the vaccinations to make much difference for a while until it is shown to completely control the spread of the virus.  12 months,  I reckon.

hdgh29 wrote:

The deposit on arrival is $2000 which covers the costs of the two required tests and the compulsory two weeks quarantine in a government allocated hotel. I would not expect the vaccinations to make much difference for a while until it is shown to completely control the spread of the virus.  12 months,  I reckon.

Indeed, we don't know that yet. 90% sounds great, however it's not like the test subjects were actively exposed to the virus. They just kept on living their normal lives, as far as I know, and we don't know how many would have been infected without the vaccine. I'm sure it's a good vaccine, but 90% might be a bit misleading.

Thanks hugh29, $2000 I can cope with but the $3000 to $4300 was out of my league, after living    Part time in both Australia and Phnom Penh for 7 years I think we could both agree to getting any change out of the $2000 would be a little naive, but as I have not seen my wife since January what the hell, it's only money, ah kun.

Sorry Hugh I forgot the thank you for the name of a travel insurance company, $90 for 3 weeks with no age barrier is good value as it would cost me $300/400 though an Australian travel company, regards, willyboy1937

No vaccinations are being done so not really relevant.

Deposit is $2000, to be dropped at the airport.

Everybody has to go in 14 day quarantine in a hotel, at own costs.

Go to this facebook group for all information:

Cambodia visas and work permits

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi … rk+permits

Cheers

Joe

Thanks once again, joe.