Moving to glasgow area

Hi there

I am Korean who has been lived in Inverness couple of years and now my husband and I am thinking of moving near to the Glasgow area.  Does any Korean community there?  If yes, I would like to have some idea where could be good place to live. We do not have children but Border Collie young dog and indoor cat. We prefer to stay semi-rural environment. Easy commuite to city of Glasgow within 30-45 mins and easy access to nature like bush walking or lochside etc.  Can I get some ideas here?

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I honestly don't know the answer to your question; however, churches can be useful sources of information and I managed to find a Korean church in Glasgow; this link will take you straight to its website.

It's written in what I assume is Korean, so have no idea if it's good or bad.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Wow thank you very much. I guessed the church seemed to be the centre of the Korean community but no clue where and how to start. I will definately try the link.

Thanks again for help.

Hi Kim,
Have you or your husband considered West Kilbride, Stewarton or Fenwick? They are super-cute, semi-rural but close-to-Glasgow and within your commuting limit. I live in Irvine and it takes 45 minutes to drive to Glasgow from here, and these places are closer. Not sure about the Korean community - I hope you can find what best suits you and your family  :) 
-Kim