KSA to Bahrain

If I travel from KSA to Bahrain and have covid negative test from Saudia and return back from Bahrain within 72 hours of my test.Do I need another test from Bahrain to come back to Saudia or first test is sufficient.

Up until now, you could travel on the same test.  However, I just heard that since yesterday, they started turning people back and asking them to do another test in Bahrain.   Nothing confirmed yet - situation still developing.  Will let you know over the coming weeks if it was a one-off or is now the new policy.

Thanks .it means if we come back from Bahrain we have another test.and second causway is open for Saudi iqama holders

As I said, whether you need a second test or not, is not confirmed yet.   Proceed with assumption that you need second test.

Also, Saudi Iqama holders can travel BUT as I have been saying repeatedly on these posts, there is a slightly different practice followed by Saudi immigration for the causeway (no issue on flights). On causeway, Saudi immigration will NOT let you exit without a Bahrain residency/Citizenship or visa, EVEN if you are eligible for visa on arrival on the basis of your Iqama.  They are discouraging people from travelling.  Every single time, when I exit Saudi, I have to show my Bahrain CPR to Saudi immigration on causeway (I have both Saudi Iqama and Bahrain residency).  Otherwise they send you into the immigration room where you have to convince the officer of your need to travel to Bahrain.  Many people are routinely turned around and sent back at this point i.e. not allowed to go to Bahrain.

Thanks again .if I have evisa for Bahrain then I can travel through causeway .

Saudi immigration should let you through.   But then again, I have heard of them turning back even visa holders - depends on mood of the officer.   Only sure shot is Bahrain residency or Citizenship.

Update: Saudi has started telling people on entry (From Bahrain) that the Sehatty test that they did before leaving Saudi will not be accepted on their next trip and they have to get a test done in Bahrain itself.

They said that to me as well when I entered Saudi a few days ago.  I assume that in a few weeks they will just stop accepting the Sehatty test for return back into Saudi.  So keep that in mind.

The other thing that has happened is that they changed the declaration form.  Now it says clearly "3 days quarantine including a test after two days".   So no more ambiguity.   They are becoming stricter.

Dear,
Kindly clarify that if i travel by flight to Bahrain and return back to saudi also by flight with holding my iqama (including pcr test), they will permit to get on arrival visa or i should having evisa to enter the bahrain.

Flight should not be an issue.  Only causeway is.

Ok. And another one thing need to be clarify.
If i have an evisa and if i go through causeway, will they permit to enter bahrain?

Well, without a visa, Saudi immigration won't allow you to exit.

Secondly, an evisa is not eligible for travel via the causeway.  It says so on the visa application term and conditions - look closely.  As a matter of practice though, before covid, they were enforcing it for single entry evisas only.  They were allowing multiple entry evisas through on the causeway.

Hello XTang - question.
Lived in Bahrain last 10year but been commute to Saudi weekly basis but now stayed in Saudi since beginning of March. Staying in Saudi with family and we all on Saudi Residence Visa IQAMA but not in possession of CPR in Bahrain. Only having a house contract.
Planning to take a leave during New year in Bahrain and then go back to Saudi until all restriction lifted again.
Can I cross the causeway to Bahrain with family and then come back again to Saudi as per present protocol?

Saudi immigration won't let you cross without a Bahrain visa.   If you don't show one, they will send you to the immigration room where you have to convince the senior officer of your reasons.  And that depends on your luck.   Some people posting here have had it happen to them already and were sent back.

Flight not an issue but causeway is a big issue.  My guess is that they simply don't want people to be going to Bahrain for fun so easily (just by driving - flight not an issue as it requires effort and spending money) while the whole local population of Saudi is locked inside - that looks very bad :).   Hence, they are only letting out people who are Bahrain residents or Citizens or have a visa.

Thanks for feedback.
However, just got to know from a previous colleague he's been crossing the Causeway weekly last 6 weeks to Bahrain on only IQAMA. Making a PCR test for free in Saudi and having Multi-Entry Visa then not been a problem at the causeway plus some of his friend done the same.

Two points:

1) Until a week ago, you could do a free test in Saudi and return back on the same test in 72 hours.  A week ago, MOH counter on entry into Saudi started telling everyone that this is the last time they will accept this and everyone has to do a test in Bahrain before coming back.....even if they are returning the same day.  I expect that after these warnings, they will stop abruptly one day
2) I cross weekly as well and I have seen many people being turned back every week.  There are two ways that your colleague is able to cross on an Iqama.....one is if he has a paper CPR (not card but paper CPR - that comes with an automatic long term Bahrain multiple entry visa by the way) or two, if his company has a branch there and has informed immigration of his need to be present there from time to time (we have done it for some of our employees......iqama holders and Saudis both).  Why don't you ask him what he says to Saudi immigration to convince them?  because every single time in the last 3 months, when I and 2-3 other colleagues have crossed, they have asked us to show "Bahrain Iqama".  In addition two weeks ago, I tried to take an Iqama holder friend with me in my car but they wouldn't let him through. It would be good for you to know to be prepared in case his reason doesn't fall into the two categories I have listed

Having said that, there is no harm in trying.  Things change everyday and even if they don't, you might get lucky.   In this part of the world, everything depends on the mood of the person who is in charge there :).   I mean, I crossed from Saudi to Bahrain one-way on the 25th of March when the causeway was TOTALLY closed (the lockdown times) and while it took 4 hours and a lot of convincing, I was able to do it.

Thanks XTang for your time and detailed feedback and as you said could give it a try - at least having a contract in Bahrain as one excuse..
I had a paper CPR in the past as well that I renewed for 1BD every 6 months.
As per my friend he does not have any kind of CPR but yes his company well presented in most countries in the world an also in Bahrain but not specially informed as a support from his company at immigration.
He is just having IQAMA and Multi Entry Visa.

Multi entry visa?   for Bahrain?   or is it a Saudi Exit Re-entry visa?

I already said that if you have a visa for Bahrain, you can cross via the causeway :).

One of three things needed to cross:  Bahrain residence, Bahrain Citizenship and Bahrain visa.  Two other items are paper CPR and employer assistance.

Actually only having Saudi Re-Entry Visa together with his IQAMA so no Bahrain Visa or assistance...not had any issues - strange

That is strange. 

See this guy's post; barely two days ago.......what I was saying happened to him exactly in the same manner at the causeway (scroll down to the end of the thread if it doesn't go there automatically):

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 61#4988953

Actually ask your friend " Hasn't Saudi immigration ever asked you why you want to go to Bahrain or asked to show any proof?  what have you shown if anything?".

It would be good to know for you.   Outside of the company angle, the only thing I can think of is that the guy has an American (or even British) passport with a high iqama profession as they are sometimes deferential to certain nationalities.

Thanks again will check out the link and ask my friend tomorrow.
His family having CPR in Bahrain though.
He is Indian National / Finance Manager

Immediate family? Like kids and wife?  Then it is possible to cross. That's it then. If family are Bahrain residents and you can prove it, they let you through.

Wife and kids so yes maybe that's the answer then how it's smoothly been possible!

Yes, It gets easier to cross if you can prove your family is residing in Bahrain. At the same time, my friend with an Engineer's profession in the Iqama crosses without issues. Though he has his spouse and parents in Bahrain, he was never asked to prove it. ( they did ask for details/ reason to visit in the passport room on his first trip during the pandemic in October).  NO questions in the subsequent visits.

I used to travel weekly to Bahrain pre covid and been in Bahrain since March. Haven't been back to Saudi since then. I did foresee all these hurdles and to so did try and managed to get a CPR now as a dependent under my spouse.

hope everything gets to normal or atleast relaxes in January.

good luck to everyone trying to cross. and Kudos to Xtang for being so helpful and able to respond to all the queries.

Thanks Bichuraj for your update.

They only ask for details during the first visit.   After that they don't bother because the system shows the officer, the entry and exits within recent time periods so that means that if you went after Sep, you are allowed to go and senior officer has already authorized.

Hi XTang,

If we have valid pcr test to travel bahrain by flight, i heard that within 72 hrs we could come back to KSA without new pcr test taken from bahrain. Is it still continue, or any changes happened.
Also they calculate the 72 hrs means, from sample collection time or test reporting time.

72 hours from sample collection.

I don't know about flight but on the causeway they have started to make issues about using the same test.  Also keep in mind that for flight from Saudi, you can't use the Sehatty free test - it has to be a paid PCR with a stamped certificate.

Hi Tang,
If you have an update, can you confirm that in causeway is open for all or still saudi immigration taking strict action to allow with valid reason only.

Outbound from Saudi, they are still giving problems to people wanting to go to Bahrain. Still asking for visas and reasons.  Depends on your luck and the guy at the counter.

I heard that now there is no problem to cross causeway with pcr test and saudi outbound allow travelers without any strict condition. Is it true?

From March they will allow all outbound.  Still giving problems nowadays.

Hi , how about travelling from bahrain to ksa. i have a family visit visa for saudia  multiple entry type & bahrain residency & cpr. will they allow me to cross to Saudia & come back to bahrain a week later

Going back out of Saudi won't be a problem if you have a Bahrain residency.  Going into Saudi via causeway may be a problem as they sometimes don't allow family visit visa holders to travel via road (post Covid when borders opened) and instead ask them to fly in.  No problems for business visit visa or Iqama holders.   But again, some people were able to go through and others turned back so try your luck.

Hi Guys,

What's the update on travelling from KSA to Bahrain with the new restrictions in place from Saudi?

I have an emergency situation and need to see my family (not immediate) and may fly out from Bahrain. Is having a valid airline ticket from Bahrain a good enough a reason to get Saudi immigration to let you through?

I am a Saudi Iqama holder.

Secondly, I tried to apply for online visit visa (GCC) 1 week for Bahrain, but they refused my application saying some administrative reasons. Does anyone know which category I can apply and what is the quickest way to get a pre-arrival visa if travelling through causeway?

Thanks.

Generally, having a ticket for a flight on the same day works.  But nothing is 100% certain and it depends on their mood.  Also, get a sehatty test done before crossing the causeway as Bahrain is no longer doing testing on the bridge and hence will turn you back if you show up without a test.

Try for visa on arrival on the causeway.  You won't get an evisa - those take time and the refusal rate is high for silly reasons many times.  Quickest way to get a pre-arrival visa is to have someone sponsor you for one i.e. a company.

Hi XTnag,

I am SAUDI  Iqma holder, Planning to travel from KSA to Bahrain via causeway for two days  , Do you have update on test arrival at bahrain. Saudi immigration officer is allowing to travel for expats. And also as per new rules , 2 dose fully vaccinated are not required to quarantine in KSA. is it necessary to get PCR test while exiting from Bahrain??

I recently travelled from KSA to Bahrain and back to KSA. No PCR is required for entry to Bahrain. PCR is required for coming back to KSA. There is no quarantine anywhere. There are no travel restrictions from Saudi side. However, Bahrain immigration is not allowing certain professions to enter and they are forcefully returned to KSA. For higher level professions There is no issue anywhere.

Have a look at this, discussed extensively:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=951171

Thanks , It was helpful info. My profession is common labour in iqma, as i heard, in causeway, they are sending back for lower professions ?? if You have an update, please share.

Thanks again.

Yeah, I am concerned about this only, as my profession is common labour on iqama. But I heard many it's not an issue but if you have any info, do share . Thanks for the reply, Good day.

As I said, on some days, they even send back higher professions whereas on others, only lower professions.  Try your luck.