Pathway after the Graduate Visa 485

Hello everyone, can somebody give me advice which visa i should apply after my graduate visa expired by next year?

im really confuse what to choose as there are a lot of visa and they all have different requirements.

Also, can anyone explain how to apply for skill assessment, is that compulsory to do that? as I graduated from Australian Univesity

Any advice or recommendation will be appreciated,

Thankyou guys,

Cheers

Hi Peter,

If you have not done it yet, i would advise you to go through the various articles in the visa section in the Living in Australia guide.

Hopefully you will find all the information you are looking for in this section.

Thanks and Regards,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Peter,

There are two types of subclass 485 visas for the international students who have taken a minimum of two years study in Australia. If you have already got a subclass 485 visa without doing a skill assessment, then you must have the so-called " Post-study work " 485 visa.

With " Post-study work " 485 visa is about expired soon, you literally have many visa choices, such as subclass189,190, 482, 494, 401... it all depends on whether you have the related work experience, or can anyone business or state sponsor you. Of course, you need to have your skill assessment done before applying for any of these visas.

Skill assessment is one of the requirements for applying certain type of Australian visa, particularly for skilled workers.  You need to submit your qualifications and work experiences to a designated institution and have them certify that you are qualified to certain a professional, such as lawyer, electritian, engineer... 

As you current 485 visa is expired soon, you need to act quickly to move to another visa if you wish to stay in Australia for longer.

Hope I have provided some clarity about your visa.

Ann