Property Financing

Hello,
I'm needing information about securing financing for a property in Colombia Chia or Bogota area. I'm recently married to my love who is a Colombian citizen I live in the USA. I don't have a clue as to where to start!  I have a desent down payment. Any advice would be helpful...
Thank You

crete456 wrote:

I'm needing information about securing financing for a property in Colombia Chia or Bogota area. I'm recently married to my love who is a Colombian citizen I live in the USA. I don't have a clue as to where to start!

Dear Crete,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of expat.com ....

Ah, where to start?

Probably it's better to start by knowing the target area, not by hearing from Expats in an online forum, but by moving to Distrito Capital and living there for at least a year before considering a purchase.

Metro Bogotá is not for everyone.  The weather is often cold and rainy.  Covid hit the capital harder than any other city in the country.  The traffic can be brutal.  Maybe consider renting for a while as you get to know the city and its suburbs with boots on the ground.

Financing?  It's not like the heyday of easy terms and easy money in the USA.  A buyer may have to put up most of the purchase price in cash.

cccmedia

I would not do any financing in Colombia as the banks charge usurious interest rates and are hard to deal with.

Everybody pays cash

Hipotecas (Mortgages) in Coombia are rip-offs and the banks are all  ***,

Does your Colombian wife live with you in the US?

How many times have you been to Colombia and how long?

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Unnecessary.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct