Quarantine for cats

Hey there

I am sure I will have loads more questions in time to come...but for starters I was wondering if anyone has any experience with bringing their cat to Mauritius...

Is there quarantine for cats, and if so, how long?

Thanks;)

Hi,

I read somewhere that the quarantine lasts 1 month for animals coming from europe, you should call
+230 466 66 62
or
+230 466 63 25

for more information ;)

All the best,

Julien

ps: I know a couple of veterinary surgeons, I can send you the contacts if needed

Hey Julien

Thanks for your response.

It would be great if you could pass on their phone numbers for me, or their email.

I have been told that because Taiwan is a Rabies-free country, there is no quarantine for animals coming from Taiwan...but obviously I want to make certain.

Thanks again

Christian Bourdet, in Pointe aux Cannoniers: +230 263 86 46

Dr Espitalier-Noël / de Rosnay in Curpipe: +230 674 41 20

All animals irrespective of where they are coming from require at a minimum 1 month quarantine, no exceptions for Rabies free countries. For some countries it is 3 months (South Africa).

The facility is at Reduit and while not fantastic is ok, I had dogs there not a cat, so I could take them into the grass areas provided for dogs.  Cat gets its own caged area - a covered area and an outside (small) area.

There are two visiting times per day - 9:00 to 11:00 and 13:30 to 15:00, expect Sunday when it is open only in the morning, same times.  Where will you work/live?  Reduit is on the central plateau, so if living in North will take some time to get there.  Luckily it was 5 minsutes from my office.

I brought own food which they feed to your animal, you can arrange to do the feeding yourself - I had to intervene as they were overfeeding.

For one month if you provide food it is about 450 Rupees, Euro100.