Njong Group

Hi,

I have received a contract from Njong group and wanted to consider the legitimacy  of the organisation;

1. Does anyone work for this company
2. Is it normal practice to source and fund your own accommodation in order for your visa application to be processed

I would be very grateful if someone could help.

I would definitely say this is a scam. No company would foreign in Cameron would ask you to pay for flights or accommodation for these reasons. I'm sure I've seen quite a few posts of people asking the same thing. They people who usually offer you this job also ask you to stay in a specific accommodation I presume to increase revenue for the hotel.

I agree with Joe car on this. I did a quick Google search for Njong Group Cameroon and there is a heap of interesting information there.

Hello,
I also received an offer and am trying to figure this out too.
The accommodation part I don't find too bad- in order to get the visa you must have accommodation, and once you have booked you can change it.
The company pays half of the accommodation anyway.
It's the rest of it that I want to know more about!
Is there any way that you and I can private message?

Yeah I understand what you mean.they make you think that But in fact you will be paying the full amount usually non profits have their own accommodation. The amount of scams in that region is second to non. I've done abit of research for you guys I could only find there website that doesn't say much about the group. Their salaries for a non profit/ngo for medical practitioners ( in that region seems to be very high and if they are paying you that much they shouldn't find it hard to pay fully for your accommodation. I've looked into Eric Njong the founder of the group he seems to be well established business man in the region but when I look him up there is nothing that ties him to the group. It could be that they are using his name as an alias to make it more believable. and in my experience if it's too good to be true than it usually is. In conclusion my option I'm very skeptical about the group. I wouldn't want to you guys to travel all the way out there to find out you've been scammed
I hope I've answered all your questions but feel free to add me and drop me a message.

Hi Joe
Thanks so much for your help. I've also had a look too, and have finally found a friend of a friend in Douala so I might speak with them too.
I get what you mean about Eric Njong not mentioned, but how many CEO's are? Sometimes yes and sometimes no.
Not that I'll be taking this lightly- my last job offer was from a company known by almost every person around the developed world- and I still thought I was being scammed!!!
I'll keep looking in to it.

Hi Guys

Just to make you aware I am in a similar situation, just got an offer with Njong group. I'm glad I stumbled into this Group. I don't believe it's a scam as they have outlined how the accommodation arrangements, I also received documents which looks legit for the process of visa. They are paying for flights I don't believe they would want to waste so much bringing us over to now be a scam. Just before my offer I researched the company and am aware there's a Group and a NGO, I will be working for the NGO.
I also saw the open opportunities on their website even though I got mine via LinkedIn.
It's worth a try as long as they keep to the agreements and the start is processing of visa and cost of flight am good to go. It's worth a try and risk. Finally I'm planning to take family member with me for the first couple of days.
Kindly loop me in if you have any information. Thanks

Hi Mannyade
Could you send me a message and tell me which position you are taking by any chance?
Thanks for your input!

Hi everyone,

I've finally been in contact with NDI- the company which was used to post the position on LinkedIn. They have told me that this is a scam, and that they know nothing about Njong Group. This is the reply I had from them:

"This is 100% unabashedly a scam.  I have contacted linkedin to get the advert removed and put a post out to notify people of the scam.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.  Any other correspondence you can send would be very useful."

Please be careful and let me know if you find anything else!

Miss_S_O

Hi,
RED FLAG!!!

IT IS NOT A NORMAL practice to source and fund your own accommodation in order for your visa application to be processed.
It is an evidence that every where you go, there is a taxi cab you can use or the rental car you can paid once you are on the ground!
Be careful of the scam!

Mannyade,
EASY WAY TO GET A PEACE OF MIND:
Contact your own Embassy in  that country and request the clarification of the said company. Usually, most embassies will check for you and notifiy you!
" MANY EMBASSIES IN AFRICA  USE THE LOCAL GUYS FOR INVESTIGATION"

I think I haven't explained myself properly,
No, I have not been told to find and source my own accommodation- aren't we all in touch with the same people here?!
I won't be accepting the position- the company they used to advertise on LinkedIn has claimed they have no ties with Njong Group whatsoever.

Hi

Thank you for keeping in touch, it has been an eye opener and since yesterday I have been doing my research this is what I have come up with.

1) rang the number on the website it's not in use
2)contacted the guy whose initial is Y.G his mobile rang but he didn't pick
3) contacted Cameron embassy in U.K.  and they advised me not to pay for any accommodation instead I should ask him to send me a letter of invitation and I can apply for the visa myself as the process is not to book or pay for accommodation as an expert.
4) I have since emailed him but he has not responded 🤔😄

Wow!
I have had 3 pone conversations with Yembe Genesis (that is his name).
I saw the job also posted on Glassdoor, but under a different company, also called NDI, but definitely a dodgy website.

Have you had anymore information regarding this, as this has resently happened to me too and I'm currently completing the application form sent my way

Any update

It's definitely a scam! I may strongly suggest you to stop any interaction with them. Generally speaking, it's not a normal practice to pay or commit any financial resources in order to apply for a job.

Hi! I am Mahmoud currently working in Bahrain and a newbie in this forum.

I have a job offer to work in Douala from a company called SMCC (Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co Ltd). However, I became suspicious when I was asked to send "a proof showing that you have successfully made reservations for a place to stay in Cameroon for at least one month (booking it and paying for it)". Apparently, this proof of accommodation is a requirement for the application of residence permit. They are recommended to stay at Ambang Hotel Residence   Douala.

Please help me confirm if this company SMCC is legit (in Cameroon) as well as the requirement for accommodation.

Hi

I also received a contract from them at the start of the year, but I didn't move forward with it as they had a number of typo within the email and I never actually had a telephone interview with any one