Cat Kennels

Hi there

My wife and I live in Riyadh for a year now. Having arrived from Bahrain where pet needs are very good, in contrary here in Riyadh situation is not so bright. We have discovered only one cat boarding with tiny kennels, insufficient hygiene and poorly trained staff. Could you please share your experiences about the cat boarding in Riyadh and and if you can recommend any?
Thank you
Kenan

nice reply Ameeni. However, saudi paws is based in eastern province.

Kenan_H, try the info posted here in Expat.com https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=54237

Hi Keenan,

Lana doesn't have any premises any more and she takes strays not boarding cats. The website is www.openpaws.org

Ihave two cats of my own and a compound cat that I feed.  I would highly recommend Advance Pet Clinic. Dr Majed or Dr Richard. They are both very kind.  They also board cats. They have not got runs for the cats but the large cages are clean and they are well looked after. It's not ideal I agree but I know they are safe.

Just remembered, they said they were introducing webcams as well.

You can look both up on facebook too.

Hope this helps.

Hi  Ameeni
Thank you for your comments and support. Definitely another kennel in the KSA would come handy. However, I am not sure if you are going to have sufficient number customers in Madina Al Munawara. Expatriate community is not very big in Madina and people generally do not have cats at home.  I would think of Jeddah, Riyadh, Dammam, Khobar and other industrially developed cities in the KSA. Also please study very well how to import animals into Saudi Arabia. This could be lengthy and tiring process for your lovely cats.
Welcome to Saudi Arabia
Kenan

AMEENI wrote:

Hi kenan, firstly glad to see that you are concerned for your cats wellbeing! I am planning on emigrating to saudi(Madinah) some time in the future and I will bring my 3 cats with me.In the uk we are generally animal lovers so it was very heartbreaking for me to see the state of the cats in Saudi and the lack of animal care so I wil open a much needed cat clinic  and  will offer a safe ,loving  home for any cats that  need boarding.I have heard stories of irresponsible expats who leave their cats alone or release them out side when they wish to return to their native lands(so cruel).In the meantime you could contact a vetinery surgeon by the name of LANA DUNN(saudipaws.com

G'day Sandy
I have checked the website. APC looks much more professional. I will pay them a visit and book home for Lilly whilst on holidays. Thou I live close to IKEA it is going to be bit of a drive I still beleive it's worth it.

Thank you
Kenan

sandy_storm wrote:

Hi Keenan,

Lana doesn't have any premises any more and she takes strays not boarding cats. The website is www.openpaws.org

Ihave two cats of my own and a compound cat that I feed.  I would highly recommend Advance Pet Clinic. Dr Majed or Dr Richard. They are both very kind.  They also board cats. They have not got runs for the cats but the large cages are clean and they are well looked after. It's not ideal I agree but I know they are safe.

Just remembered, they said they were introducing webcams as well.

You can look both up on facebook too.

Hope this helps.

[Moderated]

I lived in the city centre for a while and the cats just wandered the streets. I am sure if you left them there for a few weeks they would be fine.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

josullivan wrote:

I lived in the city centre for a while and the cats just wandered the streets. I am sure if you left them there for a few weeks they would be fine.

I cannot believe that you are so irresponsible. As a prospective Ex-pat coming to Riyadh I hope you don't come up against the same sort of unhelpful advice for yourself as you are advocating for the cats. You obviously had your eyes closed when you stayed in "the city centre" to the state these poor cats were in, when they were "wandering the streets" I see you are leaving your family at home when you come to Riyadh. Not on the streets I hope!!

you always delete my posts  :/
-Dr (vet) Lana

This is an d post. Anyway out of four kittent only one survived and he is still with me. I nemed him Gipsy. He was also hit bu car but now almoust completely recovered.

Kenan

I've a complete list of all the pet sitters / boarding places I know of, which meet a certain standard, - as I work in this field in Riyadh. I've not got a pet sitting service myself but the moderators still consider my posts some kind of advert. so my comments get deleted.
- sorry I can't be of more help. -Lana
and  :P  to people who can't decide what is really helpful and good info cf. what is just an advert, ha.

I don't understand why all Open Paws posts has been deleted. I find it totally unnecessary. It's also like keeping valuable information from expats.

This is a charity organization that does A LOT of good for animals in Riyadh. It's not taking any profit, on the contrary it's run on voluntary work and donations and they put so much effort and their own time and money into it, really it's remarkable what these women do for the sake of improving the conditions of animals in the Kingdom!

Laylah wrote:

I don't understand why all Open Paws posts has been deleted. I find it totally unnecessary. It's also like keeping valuable information from expats.

This is a charity organization that does A LOT of good for animals in Riyadh. It's not taking any profit, on the contrary it's run on voluntary work and donations and they put so much effort and their own time and money into it, really it's remarkable what these women do for the sake of improving the conditions of animals in the Kingdom!

That's right Layla; but think of it in a bit different way as well.

Expat-Blog is a well-maintained free social service. They work hard on constant provision of high quality on this portal. Been attached since 2+ yrs, I can tell you dozens of cases where EB helped people in ways not measureable on any scale; moral, financial whatever. Of course, this doesn't come free of cost. Julien can sometime elucidate what it takes from him and his team. Apart from their constant team effort, the cost of server/database maintenance..........., EB still remains a free service for us.

Being a non-profitable website as well, for any third parties, they advise to put an advertisement paying very reasonable charges just to help them keep this service alive. In all conditions, of course, free ads cannot be promoted. On the other hand, they didn't bar any PMs.

Hope this explains :)

Dr lana.. is doing outstanding job and she  can advice u better than us what should u do 4 the boarding of cats ,, i got 2 very nice cats from lana and she the one who is really pet lover lady and expert.. contact her ..

The main point has never tried to advertise anything..nor does she really have anything to advertise unless you include helping street cats or other animals in need advertising.

Lana also works tirelessly for free for the benefit of the cat population on the streets of Riyadh, she traps neuters and returns them to the territory they came from. That way it reduces the numbers of cats on the streets and stops new un-neutered cats moving in. She funds this work by charging a very small fee to people with cats, who can afford it.
I rescued a mother cat which had five kittens all of which she neutered at six weeks old. By the time they get to 3 - 6 months old, they can have kittens of their own. I made a donation for her work and found good homes for the neutered kittens. Vet,  Lana, is not a business, she is devoted to her work and should be given a voice here.:up:

Riaydh was  a furry ball od fluff when we found him almost 4 weeks ago somewhere in the streets.Very well adjusted to his new life at our compound. I need to find a reliable caregiver for him for two weeks in December (19 DEC -2 jAN). Can anyone point me in the right direction. I myself has only been in KSA for 8 weeks.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Bianca

Can you send me the list? I am looking for a trustworthy place for my 14 month old cat.

Hi UmRami,
If the moderators don't consider that I'm giving you the contact of businesses as an advert and delete this post too, (!!!) here are the places which do boarding for cats in Riyadh:
VET CLINICS
Elite Veterinary Clinic: 0114856585
Advanced Pet Clinic: 0112637144, 0112637244, 920007144
Aman Vets: 0500 505154

PRIVATE
Maryam: [email protected]   0547525434
Dr Nick:  0505182986

If you are in a different area, go to facebook page Let's Adopt (Saudi Arabia).
Click on the Notes section (not visible from the phone app though sorry you need to use a bigger device) and click on the first Note called "Animal Help around Saudi Arabia".

That has a list of all the volunteer groups, vets, etc all over.
best of luck!
My number is 050 119 8458 if you need recommendations UmRami and if anyone else has more information of new places please give them in direct message to the Lets Adopt Saudi page so they can update it or [email protected] They are completely different groups but most of the animal rescue volunteers try to work together.

dear moderators, PLEASE LEAVE THIS POST UP SO PEOPLE CAN REACH THE HELP THEY ARE LOOKING FOR

Hi,

I'm travelling for 3 months for the summer vacation and have 2 wonderful cats that I need taken care of during the holidays, does anyone know of someone who would be able to take care of them? preferably in Madinah but willing to drive them up to Jeddah if need be

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks