Quarantine

i was wondering if any one can help with info on bringing dogs into bali  e.g. cost lenth of quarantine

Hi kezza482008 and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will soon get replies to your query.

Good luck,
Harmonie. :)

Hi Kezza,

unfortunately, with the rabies plague still not under control, not any single animal is allowed into Bali nor to get out of the country.
Some people try to do it via Java but the controls at the Banuywangi harbor have also become tighter so that you almost have no chance to bring you beloved pet(s) here...

I am a pet owner myself ( 2 dogs, 5 cats YES) and they are all local animals who had all been abandoned....There are two wonderful shelters here (in Ubud) who take care of such abandoned cats & dogs. They only await a loving person to adopt them...

If you choose to move to Bali, this will unfortunately have the tough consequence of having you to find a loving home for you pet back home....I am very sorry of not bringing a positive answer but this is the challenge that all expats who live here are currently facing due to the rabies... Wishing you lots of luck

Mireille

thanks for your info it just verified what we have been told i just am not sure what to do now