Howdy fellow expats!

I am Corrine. I am a professional chef and pastry chef and wanna-be farmer. My dream for a long long time has been to have a little organic farm/homestead and live a sane, simple quiet life somewhere.
The U.S. has become way to dysfunctional and oppressive for me. I am an Empath. I cannot thrive in the U.S. culture/society. Land and everything else is way too expensive here.
I grew up in the Bahamas and have lived in Spain, Italy, England, Scotland, Montreal, Canada, and the British Virgin Islands.
I want to move for the last time. I want to find a home and land to connect to.
My first question is........ Do you find the locals to be healthier, happier people than in the U.S.? The next important question is how can I create a life in Belize without lots of money?!! My vision is of a piece of land with no buildings. I want to build an earthship/rammed earth dwelling. I would have organic veggies and fruit trees and possibly a little bakery/cafe. I want to be very rural. Close to a small village. Bring my goods to market on a horse drawn cart :)  Is this dream realistic and/or feasible? How much money would I need to get started? I have been a WWOOFER in the U.S. and saw that there are organic farms in Central America that host WWOOFERs. That could at least be a way to get there to check things out.......?  I don't imagine there are any jobs now, anywhere, with the Covid crisis.
All I know is I will never thrive here and must get out.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much!
Corrine

Welcome to the forum! I had hoped someone would have replied to you by now, but...
That is a lot of questions, and I will try to direct you on where to get some other information.
I would say in general, yes.
You would probably need to support yourself for a few months until/unless you get a work permit. You would probably be ok short-term (few mo) with about $1,000 US a month. It would not be high-end lodging but adequate.
Getting a work-permit is another endeavor and can be time-consuming.  You can go here - http://ins.gov.bz/index.php/student-per … quirements -for specific information.  If you plan to open a business and employ Belizeans, it should be fairly straight-forward.
How much money you need to get started will depend on your plans and your time-frame, as well as your standard of living.
Your vision is very 'romantic', and to some extent probably achievable. However, "selling your goods" will require a work permit. The Mennonites do use horse drawn buggies and carriages, but they are the exception.
Don't know anything about WWOOFER's or if there might be anything similar in Belize.
Good luck in your ventures

Thanks very much for your great info. I don't expect anyone to have all or even most of the answers. I just put it all out there for whoever's possible interest. Ya never know what is out there :)
I am interested to hear other people's beginnings in Belize.
Cheers