National Insurance Number UK

Hi Folks
I need to trace my NI number to establish pension rights.
I have been on the UK Gov site but get stuck as I don't have a UK postcode.
Does anyone know how I can trace my NI number, preferably somewhere that has a human being that I can deal with.
TIA
Derek

Human beings are a in bit short supply with UK Gov these days, to say the least.....!   :-(

Desred wrote:

Hi Folks
I need to trace my NI number to establish pension rights.
I have been on the UK Gov site but get stuck as I don't have a UK postcode.
Does anyone know how I can trace my NI number, preferably somewhere that has a human being that I can deal with.
TIA
Derek

Welcome Derek

+44 191 218 7777
Pension Service International Pension Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne NE98 1BA, United Kingdom

Thanks for that, I shall give them a call

nice music  :whistle:

try here..
https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension/ … e-identity

you don't need a postcode just your national insurance number, if you do not have that then contact

Telephone:
0300 200 3500

Outside UK:
+ 44 191 203 7010

I was recently in touch with the government by email about pensions. They told me they are currently not accepting any enquiries unless your pension is going to kick in within the next six months. When I called it was the same thing mentioned in the automated response. Also, I don't need to have a UK postcode. All my own enquiries were done from overseas but I do know my NI number. Finally I wrote to them from Indonesia which is where I currently live and am now waiting for their response.

When you do contact them, make sure to request your full employment history and your full contribution history for your working life. They are obliged to give you this so you can check for any missing years of employment where you have paid NI contributions. I have only paid NI contributions for 6 years so am considering whether it is worth it to pay an additional one-off payment for four years worth of voluntary contributions in order to reach the required ten years. The thing is that for some of my siblings who have contributed for 35 or 40 years, they will only get £8k - £9k when they are 66 years old. So for only 10 years of contributions it probably won't be much.

nice music