Any ideas what will happen to tourists 'stranded' in Cambodia?

Hello everyone

I came to Cambodia (Siem Reap) on a 30 day tourist visa on March 11, 2020.

The borders were closed about  2 weeks after my arrival and I was told by a reputable travel agency that there was no need to extend your visa (I wanted to stay for another 30 days) and just be alert for government announcements.

So I have been here over 6 months and I read the Khmer Times every day but have yet to see any new information regarding visas for "tourists already in Cambodia".

Yes there are many articles about people coming into Cambodia and all the accompanying paperwork and then quarantining here but nothing about "tourists already in Cambodia" that I have come across.

I am registered by my hotel in the Foreigners Present in Cambodia System app.

So I am wondering if I have missed important information?

(Also, not talking about repatriation flights sponsored by foreign governments)

The Government has stated that tourist visas will be extended month by month as long as people are not able to leave. Once the borders open up tourists will be asked to leave.

Joe

Hi Joe and everyone.

So it's been 2 months since my original post and I was wondering if anyone has heard of any updates about my original post of "tourists 'stranded' in Cambodia".

I read the Khmer Times every day and apart from the dominance of Covid19 articles, there has been no mention of Visas that I have come across since June when it was reported that all foreigners MUST register with FPCS by July 1st. which I have done.
(Foreigners Present In Cambodia System)

BTW I am very happy here in Siem Reap as I have spent the last 9 months studying new software languages and writing software that I hope will earn me some $s down the track. Of course I love the 'village' of Siem Reap and I don't miss the noise of BKK which is my previous port of destination. Though I do miss the strangely enticing "something about BKK" - can't put my finger on it!

Cheers
Tom

Become a member of this specialized facebook group and get all the information you need.

As far as I know the tourist visas are still extended for a month each time.

Those that come in are not tourists and any visa on arrival has been canceled.

Good luck.

Here the link: https://web.facebook.com/groups/3339018 … 1&_rdr

Joe

Consider yourself fortunate! I went to VN then arrived in Kuala Lumpur on March 7th in 2020 with a laptop and the clothes on my back. Heard a 14 day lockdown was approaching and have been unable to return to KH or VN since. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! I have to pay monthly apartment rental fees in Sihanoukville AND here in Malaysia. My 12 months Visa for both KH & VN have expired and the rules have dramatically changed for re-entry. Wish I could be in your shoes happily residing in KH.