Telemedicine in Australia

Hello everyone,

Maybe you have already tried telemedicine in Australia or you are very tempted to take the leap. With the pandemic and the necessity to avoid hospitals, telemedicine seems to be the new normal.
We would like to know your opinion about this recent phenomenon or to have your feedback if you already gave it a try when you needed to see a doctor.

If you have already consulted a doctor remotely from Australia, what was your impression?

If not, are you willing to try it? Why?

In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of this practice in Australia?

What type of doctor have you been able to talk to? What platform did you use to make this medical appointment? How easy was it to fix an appointment? What about payment?

How did you get your prescription and was it valid at the pharmacy?

Thank you for your contribution!

Have a good day,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

I've just been set up to use it for the first time.  The hospital sent me a link to click on at the time of my appointment, and I will then be on a video call with the doctor.

It seems straight forward enough.

All appointments recently have either been visits to the local doctor as normal, or telephone appointments for the hospital, discussing over the phone.

Prescriptions have been normal visits to the doctor.  We did have to wear a mask at one visit a few weeks ago, but not at the last one.