BREXIT - 31st December 2020

Hi All      We are in the process of buying our new home in France.  We are selling our home in the UK and that will be complete by the 22nd December.  We will also have the sale of the house in France complete by the 23rd December.  My question is this, does anyone know if our bodies have to be in France on the 31st of December or will it be sufficient to be able to prove that we have sold our house in the UK and have our name on the deeds and utility bills in France please?  Is there anything that we should be doing?

Many thanks

Elvina

Contact the Embassy

Thanks I have tried but have been unable to get through so far so I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone has had the question answered.

elvina63 wrote:

Thanks I have tried but have been unable to get through so far so I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone has had the question answered.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The Paris embassy website tells us they're affected by COVID, so probably explains the lack of contact.  The website has a list of things that may help you; this link will take you straight there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks very much.